Ice Pillars

Chev Chelios

Very nice, however did you make molds for these?

The ones I have made are a bit of a pain in the ass (the reason I only have two currently).

One recommendation though, the ice is too clean and clear. I might suggest a wash of Turqouise (GW Hawk Turqouise if you can find it or PP Turqouise Ink) to color it a bit more followed by some more snow.

Look great!

For quick and easy moulds, try "Amzing Mould Putty. You can get in the US at craft stores like michaels and Hobby Lobby. I think it retails for like $20, but you can find 40% and 50% off coupons for those stores pretty easily. Really easy to use, and would be perfect for a project like ice pillars.

Thanks guys. As much as I would like to say that it was a huge project,it really wasn't . The molds are Woodland Scenics rocks. Simply mixing the Envirotex adding the color and pouring into the molds. 24 hours to.set and pop them out. I let them dry for a few more days before I mess with them again

Thanks guys. As much as I would like to say that it was a huge project,it really wasn't . The molds are Woodland Scenics rocks. Simply mixing the Envirotex adding the color and pouring into the molds. 24 hours to.set and pop them out. I let them dry for a few more days before I mess with them again

Ahh, the paperclip was just some wire that was bent, and you see where that thing is now. :)

Definately easier then the way I do mine. As soon as I can "borrow" my wifes Digital camera I'll post the Pics of mine.