Lillith and Nekima versus Raspy and Kaeris

micahwc

GTFriday13 recently received his Rasputina order and we played a game. In honor of Nekima's imminent release I decided to proxy Nekima and a Black Blood Shaman and try to grow a terror tot swarm.

I kind of feared Rasputina, having never played against her. I also feared Kaeris because I had heard GTFriday13 talk about how awesome she is, and how she has a nasty habit of lighting things on fire.

We played a 40 stone game. We randomly drew a shared strategy, I think it was called escape and survive. He picked and announced kill protoge and sabotage, I announced breakthrough and grudge on his saber toothed cerebus, as I thought it would be moving towards me.

Some things I learned:

1) Nekima is awesome as a growing machine, and gets even better with the black blood shaman; however, damaging Nekima to the point where you can't really use her for anything afterwards seems like a waste of 13 stones. With kill protege, Nekima spent most of the game out of the fight, which is not really a good place for her.

2) The black blood shaman shows a lot of promise when fighting resurrectionists; however, if he runs out of blood counters he is basically useless. He was awesome for gathering blood at the begining, but after this he didn't really accomplish much.

3) Being lit on fire hurts a lot. This seems like it should be pretty self-evident, but I will go ahead and repeat this for the record. Being lit on fire when you are next to a lot of other models not only hurts a lot, but makes everyone else hurt a lot as well. Fire = bad.

4) What saved the game for me was getting Lillith in a position to charge Rasputina after she had used the majority of her soul stones. In melee combat, Rasputina dies very easily. Lillith has the speed to make this happen with little difficulty.

5) I focused on growing tots into mature nephilim, which is not how I would usually play. I don't usually pay for mature because I like the young more for the cost. The young are easier to hide behind terrain, have almost the same range, still have diving attack, and do more damage with flay than mature nephilim do. I could have turned all three tots into young, instead I turned one into a mature and a young into a mature. I think that for the effort involved, 4 young would have been more effective than 2 mature and 2 tots.

I welcome feedback and would love to discuss this more with anyone who is interested.