Bigger is better, right?

derv

My new painting table (probably the tidiest it will ever be). My old table was normal size, but I have embraced the geek in me and gone supersized, 6ft x 4ft :D

My brother in law knocked up a rack for all my paints. Now all I need to do is find some time to sit down and get the brushes wet!

painttable.jpg

You're from Kent, so instead of making a joke, I'll give you some friendly and well-meaning advice. In the United States, "knocking something up" means something totally different.

Just so you know.

^_^

No it means exactly the same over here.. I'm on the waiting list for one of the desk's pups.

No it means exactly the same over here.. I'm on the waiting list for one of the desk's pups.

Ah, good. I try to be multicultural enough to try and give people the benefit of the doubt for odd idioms and language use. But, I'm also part of the generation that uses "your mom" jokes, so I physically can't let something like that go.

Nice to have some on-topic posts amongst all the double-entendres! (apparently hayzel thinks the table is sexy.... so i gave her one)

I didn't really have a schematic for the paint rack. My brother in law had some timber going spare. The strips are 4" depth and 1.5" high and were cut to be 100cm long. Each strip is nailed to the one below to make the steps (1.5" deep), and then some L-shaped legs are nailed to each end with a bit of support holding the middle of the steps up.

It didn't take long to make at all - I would say it was a "quick job" but don't want any misinterpretations :D