Riverboat Terrain

Kaane Feinwong

This sounds like a great idea for a more scenario based event. Sounds like it might be a bit large and ungainly for a tournament style playing field. But for instance, when I used to play Star Wars Miniatures a lot, at GenCon there would also be your normal tournament events, but then people would also be running large scale events like the Battle of Hoth or Endor, or stuff like that.

So this sounds perfect for things like that. And event with 4-6 players, working in two teams or something. A longer 3-4 hour single game, rather than a quick 1 on 1 style scrap.

Sounds cool. Please share the layouts and rules when you feel they're finished. :top:

This is, indeed, the intention of the scenario. My playgroup doesn't really play at our LGS, we play as a group of 6 or so players in my basement :) Usually with about 4 of us together at any given time.

So, the idea is to have something where we can sit down with all the rules and terrain already decided and just start playing. But to allow the play to consume a good afternoon, rather than just an hour-long game.

It is definitely not intended for a tournament setting, it's far too unwieldy for that. :D

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I have recently started playing malifaux and so far have had a few games, which have all been awesome. I took the plunge and bought myself the lacroix boxset and now I'm trying to find some cool ideas for terrain peices. I love this idea and when i was scouting around for some ideas i found this plan. i know it sort of pop out peice but it could help iron out some problems you might have making your own parts.

http://www.forgottenfutures.com/game/ff10/steamer.pdf