My latest neverborn additions

aka_hazard

Here we have the latest (painted) additions to my growing army of Neverborn...

Lelu:

LeluF.jpg

LeluB.jpg

Lilitu (the pink has really washed out in the camera flash):

LilituF.jpg

LilituB.jpg

and lastly my Insidious Madness proxy (I bought this before the news that the official one will be out next month, d'Oh!)

Insidious2.jpg

Insidious1.jpg

I'm still learning and trying different technics as painting 15mm Flames of War figures is so different!

Any comments or feedback welcome.

Nice job on the models. Does the Lelu come with the tail or did you add that?

Only critic is for the photos, I wouldn't use the cameras flash next time. If you are able turn the flash, bounce the flashes light off the back board. If you can't move the flash (normal for point and shoots) then a piece of frosted celophane tape, parchment paper (the kind used for cooking), or wax paper over the flash bulb will diffuse it enough to improve the photos dramatically.

Nice job on the models. Does the Lelu come with the tail or did you add that?

It comes with the tail but with a simple 'banana' curve.

I gave it some more complex curves and pulled it to the side away from the lean so that it mimics real life counter-balance.

Only critic is for the photos, I wouldn't use the cameras flash next time. If you are able turn the flash, bounce the flashes light off the back board. If you can't move the flash (normal for point and shoots) then a piece of frosted celophane tape, parchment paper (the kind used for cooking), or wax paper over the flash bulb will diffuse it enough to improve the photos dramatically.

My camera is the one in my phone so no chance of redirecting the flash.

One of my longer term plans is to have a light box and a decent camera but that is a little way off.

Appreciate the insight though and I'll certainly try some form of diffuser.

I like that Insidious Madness proxy. Guessing it's a Shoggoth. What range?

As for the pics, you could grab a cheap micro tripod (I picked mine up for like six pounds) and then override the flash setting to "off". Set your self-timer for a couple of seconds and ensure you've got plenty of decent light hitting the model from all sides (this is where light tents do the job).

I like that Insidious Madness proxy. Guessing it's a Shoggoth. What range?

it's the large spawn from Black Cat Bases:

http://blackcatbases.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=437_491

As for the pics, you could grab a cheap micro tripod (I picked mine up for like six pounds) and then override the flash setting to "off". Set your self-timer for a couple of seconds and ensure you've got plenty of decent light hitting the model from all sides (this is where light tents do the job).

I think the main thing for me is the lighting.

At some point in the future I will get myself a lighting tent.