Help vs. Rasputina

Pavulon

I need some suggestions from others here. I have Pandora's box and Zoraida's box, their totems, plus a blister of stitched and a Teddy.

A friend of mine has a Rasputina box, an acolyte, an essence of power, and a silent one.

When I played a game where I had to destroy the evidence, we tied. When I tried to slaughter him, I got destroyed. Rasputina has a huge dmg output. Even vs. Zoraida he ran a gamin up, then did something that increased all his ranges by 3" and nuked Zoraida down to 2 hps in 1 turn.

Granted we are still very new to Malifaux but what can I do to more effectively assault Rasputina when she is surrounded by gamins and a golem?

Low Df and CB make her a combat pushover, barrel a Teddy into the battle with its notoriously hard to kill stuffiness. Just the scariness of Teddy is enough to make people put too much effort into trying to kill it. Keep yourself spread so you don't get blasted. Suckerpunch Rasp with something that runs fast and cheat severe dmg. It doesn't even have to be Teddy. I play Rasp and even though I don't have much experience I know that when stuff gets close I get scared.

Well for help with Zoraida, Ill defer to someone else (most likely Rathnard).

But for Pandora, it takes some work is the simplest way to put it. Raspy hits REALLY hard if you let her, so you have to essentially shut down her models. Make them flee with Pandora's Trigger and generally try to tie them up with debuffs to slow them down.

You don't really want to just stand in hte open as they really do some punishing damage with their ranged attacks. So this should say to you, time to close distance fast. Silurids are a great option for this, as is the Hooded Rider and Kade. Just get in their face and hose them down with debuffs and chip away at them. Try to deny them as many attacks as you can. Also even though Sorrows linked to Pandora are a bit of a liability against Raspy, one may not be a bad idea to move it into place for Doldrums on an important model and then either hide it, or leave it out there on it's own.

Since Pandora does a large amount of straight Wds with her tricks, you bypass their armor so don't really have to worry about that. Just lay into them and you should be able ot kill them without a ton of issue I've usually found. My Tactica on Pandora (see the link in my signature) has a lot of good advice that should help you out. Read that, it will give you everything I would pretty much say here.

@ Neverending

I guess I was looking for more advice on how to go from my deployment zone into melee range. What i've seen so far is a wall of gamin/golem that are very hard to destroy. I get tied up with them and blasted to death. I need to know how to penetrate past her ice pillars and golem. I can see using a mature nephalim or anything with fly/float. Do I just need Lillith's box to fight Rasp or am I missing something with the models that I have?

I would suggest maybe using the sillurids from Zoraida's box, as they can move very quickly and pack activate. The 0 action "leap" counts as flight and you can go over the wall of gamin/golem.

I have never played against Raspy though. A friend ordered her box and some stuff for her, the other stuff came, but the box isn't here yet.

Bad Juju can place anywhere as long as he is 7 inches away from an enemy, the problem is that she can zap him good if he starts that close, and he is slow for the first turn. If you wait to place him until after she has activated, and you then get initiative on the next turn, you can charge her on your next turn without being blasted. Remember that he has 12 wounds, regeneration 2, Hard to wound 2, etc. He should survive at least that first turn to get his charge, and when he dies you can bring him back.

Zoraida has a spell that makes the target unable to use control cards for the rest of the turn, have you tried using conduit on Raspy and then casting this spell?

You can also cast hex through conduit. It is difficult to cast, but if you have a red joker in your hand and you cheat to it, then spend a soul stone and use bayou two card to re-use the red joker to add to your total, it will be really difficult to resist. You could then hex away December's Curse from Raspy, which would really suck for her.

Is the Ice Golem immune to influence? If not, obey him to attack Raspy.

If I remember correctly, the stitched can make fog right? The fog denies line of sight for Raspy to cast her spells.

Edited by micahwc
Just read your last post

Ice heart is immune to morale duels. My tactics have always been to mess up target priority but for Rasputina that is a big part of her play, point and shoot. I played against Kirai and it was freaky having her crew just come straight at me, so yeah ignoring terrain is good. Gamin are speedbumps with their subzero trigger which ends the attackers activation but if your able to keep moving with either higher Wk or reactivating then you can pretty easily outmaneuver her crew and leave them in the dust.

Wow I lost myself. Obey yourself into being ridiculously fast and you'll get there sooner. Thats pretty much it, and if you make the rasp player cheat fate for defense then thats less damage your likely to take.

Pandora can move amazingly quickly if you set it up right, Gamin have a low Wp of 4 and the Box Opens allows you to target them. Keep back for a turn or 2 and build up a hand of high cards preferably :crows. Then once you have a decent hand, use Gamin to Incite your way to Raputina, If you can get off Pandora Trigger Raspy will be more or less out of the game for 2 turns. then you can use her remaining models to Incite your way out of her range.

Edited by Ratty