Have a good February 2nd!

2.5 days off work so far. In a month where I don't usually get one day off, I can go for one of these every year.

Since I work from home I usually can't declare a snow day but we lost power on Tuesday night till about noon Wednsday and when it came back we were without cable and internet till the afternoon. So I got a day off out of it. Which was good because my house is on a hill so with all the wind I had huge snow banks gather in the low areas. Like the driveway. I actually had a bank so deep it was over my head.

I cleared it all yesterday but I am hurting today

Well, we didn't end up getting much snow stick on the ground here in Cincy, but the few times it was snowing here yesterday, I could see out my office window that it was literally blowing parallel to the ground almost the whole time.

So I can't even imagine what the wind + FEET of snow must have been like in the more northern areas!

It is just nuts up here in New England.... we had about 16" of snow yesterday from the back to back storms. There is literally no place to blow the snow to any more and about half of hte back roads are now down to 1 lane due to snow. Our DPW departments literally can't clear the roads fast enough.

Can we like trade half our snow for half of CA's heat? Any takers?