Crew Recruitment (Dreamer)

eturns

I just want to double check I have something right in my head.

1. The Dreamer can hire any Neverborn for the posts cost stated.

2. The Dreamer can hire any nightmare, but if it comes from outside the neverborn it costs and additional soulstone. Or will this only count in brawls as it states the Dreamer can not hire Mercenaries in scraps

Cheers

1 - He's a Neverborn Master, so yes.

2 - There's no rule allowing the Dreamer to hire Nightmares from other factions, so you cannot hire the Ressurectionist Night Terrors for instance.

2b - Mercenaries are any model from another faction with the 'Mercenary' trait, this is mainly Outcasts, but Arcanist Performers also have it.

Normally you can include up to two Mercenaries in your crews, however the Dreamer have a talent preventing him from hiring any at all.

In Brawls there are some weird combos, as the Dreamer can be hired by Kirai as she can hire spirits and Hamelin as he is Ht 1.

In a crew with Kirai you can only hire Ressurectionists and Spirits from any faction (at no cost) meaning the only Nightmares you can hire are Insidious Madnesses, Daydreams and Night Terrors.

With Hamelin you can only hire Ht1, Insignificant and Soulless models from any faction. So the only Nightmares you can hire are Night Terrors, Daydreams and Alps.

At the moment there are no alps at all in my Dreamer list

Good for you!

Alps are great, but to many people go over-board and rely on them to heavily... I think those may be some of the weaker Dreamer lists. To easy to just wipe them all out. But that is not the focus of this thread!

:focus:

Sounds like you got it all figured out now. Enjoy your little kid and his cuddly friends!