Marcus list tweaking.

Bozzy

Have you thought about taking a pair of hoarcats? while you have the pair alive devour can be devastating.

Don't want to derail, but I'd be interested to hear more about the Hoarcats, actually. I've seen them used a few times, but its always been with Rasputina, and they've always done so-so. Then again, I've only fought against them with Lilith, so getting the drop on them and neutering their damage wasn't terribly hard.

I guess thats my big question with them: they definitely can put some hurt out (for 5ss models, at least,) but they don't seem fast enough to overcome their "squishy" factor. At least, in a Marcus list, where he has lots of other fast options, and I'm already scarred from having my Cerberus be de-fanged from one Peacemaker shot. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
you bring the Necromancy, Miranda can cast Acid Breath 3 times with Furious Casting. If you want to have ranged capabilities, there you go.

I do not think that this is gonna work...

Because the spell is limited to used onece per activation.

Or is this limitation only for the Necromancy?

Would be very strong....

Thought about that while surching for a good use of Myranda...

Hmmm....

What I'm looking at for Marcus, and this is just TheoryFaux right now mind, is this for 25 ss:

Myranda (7)

Hoarcat #1 (5)

Hoarcat #2 (5)

Moleman #1 (3)

Moleman #2 (3)

Jackalope (1)

That leaves a 5 ss pool to work with and 7 models, which is more than most 25 ss crews. Myranda can change into a Cerebus or snake (or even a replacement hoarcat!) as the situation demands, the molemen are super-cheap and heavily-armored, allowing them to go hold objectives, while the hoarcats eat problem models or Marcus tames them. The Jackalope is a damage-soaker for Marcus that comes back when killed, but a moleman could be used in a pinch.

No idea ho wwell it'd work long term, but ... something I'm thinking aout.

Yikes, so Myranda as a Hoarcat, while undamanged, has a damage profile of 4/6/8?

How? When transformed, she receives the Wd stat of the Beast form, thus 6 in case of Hoarcat. She is no better hitter than a Hoarcat.

The only reason to turn into a Hoarcat is when you need another one for Devour or need to heal Myranda with Eat Your Fill. There are better Beast forms for melee hitting power.

-Ropetus

Took Marcus to a tournament this weekend just gone and I must say the best performer by far was the Coryphee. As for beasts I found the necromancy to be the best single beast as it gives you a ranged attack that you wouldn't normally have and if you can get to combat with more than half wounds it will rip things apart with three headed.

I also used the Raptors some more and I am not that impressed with them at all. I know that they are cheap but even with diving charge and ganging up on a model I didn't find them able to take down anything. However I did have some success taking Frame for Murder on one of the birds and then running them at the opponents master and any damage that I managed to inflict was a bonus.