Cool Idea for Special Forces

gunpowder saint

I had an awesome thought for the new special forces for the guild! I figure since everyone else is letting their creativity run wild I'd figure why not tell the Guild Players.

Special Forces (The Forgiven)

they're ALL neverborn. Original Inhabitants given a second chance at redemtion by becoming an elite squad of shock troops, sent in first for those more dangerous missions. Not sure what the mechanic theme would be but I know what their Henchman would have lol Being a former prisoner of the guild and then being transformed into the leader of an elite squad will mess with anyone up emotionally

Emotional Repression: This model can not make melee or range strike action during his activation.

and

Rehabilitate/Re-educate: This model may not use soulstones during his activation or during a melee or ranged strike action.

plus the Guild would never allow something/someone they didn't trust entirely with the use of soulstones, hence he can only use them defensively. IE damage mitigation, and defense flips.

given that several of his lesser minions can effectively give their AP to him to force him to make a melee/ranged strike I believe it's a super interesting mechanic and I'd love to see that implemented.

induce discussion please? lol

A kind of reverse Hoffmann, where instead of him making the minions shoot, the minions make their leader shoot. Certainly interesting as a mechanic. More than anything it would make the crew be all about the Henchman, so if he was just a melee fighter, then you would have to run him forward and hope your donated AP from the other models was enough to keep him alive in combat (by killing everything else). Presumably for the other crew it would be a case of kill him and win the game. I doubt that would be much fun by itself, but you could certainly play around with the basic mechanic and come up with something cool.

As for the background, I am not sure if it fits with Malifaux. The only forgiven Neverborn Perdita ever met was a dead one :) Enslaved Neverborn might be more in keeping with the background.

Maybe the big guy is controlled through some kind of Hoffmann-made brain harness. Guild minions are slaved to him through their own cranial-mounted controllers, and they are the only ones who can gift him AP. The more of the control minions you have, the more the Big Guy can do. If all the control minions are lost, the Big Guy goes on a Stampede-like rampage.

Edited by Sholto

The problem is I don't see the Neverborn as the type of creatures to go in for this.

They seem to alien to be able to be controlled and redeemed on a massive scale. I know we have an enslaved Nephilim but I assume the power used to ensalve him are not something hte Guild does frequently. I figure its just easier to kill them then imprison them.

Now I would think its pretty cool to see a dirty dozen Guild special forces list that is made up of imprisoned arcanist and Ressurectionist types. With maybe some pissed of former guild or outcast guys as well.

Or an Outcast special forces group made up of an elite team of former guild special forces members. Framed for a crime they didn't comit. They have escaped and are now soldiers of Fortune. :)

The problem is I don't see the Neverborn as the type of creatures to go in for this.

They seem to alien to be able to be controlled and redeemed on a massive scale. I know we have an enslaved Nephilim but I assume the power used to ensalve him are not something hte Guild does frequently. I figure its just easier to kill them then imprison them.

Not unless it was one of Tyrant-entities of Malifaux and since one has joined the Arcanist it's not too far to say that one could join the guild and I also like the idea of the guild having a secret police of doublgangers, it fits the theme as well. It makes the guild feel more sinister like it should do, as well as the Arcanist an excuse to say "even the wall's have ears"