So my LGS caught a couple players cheating

Steelwhip

Something like that.

With a stacked deck you may be able to control what Strategy you flip, your initial control hand, and initiative flip at the start of the game.

Even if the deck is never stacked again this can make a huge difference for the rest of the game.

He who sets the terms of a conflict is likely to win the conflict.

A good point well made.

At the end of the day I do believe that people who are determined to cheat will find a way no matter what obstacles are put before them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend, Tim, unintentionally stacked his deck. His first game and he opened a sealed pack. Turns out it had an extra red joker in it.... Didn't realise until the last turn.

The first thing I did with my puppet deck was go through and make sure I had one of each card. It helps that they come in order.

The manufacturing isn't 100% consistent either. Some of my cards in my puppet deck have noticeably darker shadows on th back than others. Someone buying several decks could possibly try to sort it so either the high cards or low cards mostly have darker backs.

Even with dice games people have been caught bringing in weighted dice to increase their chances of success. I know of one large (40-50ish players) tournament where one player brought a 40k army that was a 300-400 points over the 1750pt limit, without a list, and claimed ignorance when he was finally busted in the last round (at the head table of course).

Guuuuh... a day that will live in infamy. Don't forget the pre-measuring.

As to the deck thing, at our events here, JMGraham and I have talked about deck inspections at the begging of each day of the event. Also, swapping decks with your opponent could minimize it.