Pandora and crew - WIP

Mach_5

Made a little more progress tonight. Finished off the skin tones and started on the base for the whites. There are more photos on my blog. Please check it out!

IMAG0103.jpg

Anyone have any recommendations for Pandora's boots? Not sure if I'll go black (should be safe), tan/leather, or white (possibly too much white for her?).

Made a little more progress tonight. Finished off the skin tones and started on the base for the whites. There are more photos on my blog. Please check it out!

IMAG0103.jpg

Anyone have any recommendations for Pandora's boots? Not sure if I'll go black (should be safe), tan/leather, or white (possibly too much white for her?).

For Pandora's "boots" (they're actually socks from the ankle up, covered in belts), I think that you could benefit by painting them white and making all of the belts your purple. That way, the white shouldn't be too overpowering.

KirigakurenoHaku: Well I'll be! In that case maybe I'll do the boots and belts white and the socks purple, basically mimicking the way Candy's shoes and socks are done. Can you tell I don't do much planning beyond basic colour schemes? I basically throw the main colours on the big areas of all the models then start tackling details. ;)

Nemissary: Thanks for posting, I decided to go with white for a few reasons. I wanted the crew to be more focused on the green and purple scheme. In my eyes, white adds more variety of colour without taking away from the two-colour scheme. Another reason was to challenge myself a bit. Like you said, white can be tricky to work with, but I'm better than I used to be because I keep trying it out once in a while.

Edited by Mach_5

My current method for white (using grey shading) is to start by painting the entire area GW Codex Grey, followed by a coat of Fortress Grey on all but the deepest recesses. This is the stage I'm at in the previous photo of Pandora, Candy, etc.

After this I start adding a little white to the Fortress Grey and put on another coat. This step gets repeated 3-4 times, adding more white each time and covering less each time, until I do a final thin highlight of pure white.

I should add that my paints are thinned to about 2 parts water to 1 part paint.

Here's a shot of my Rasputina crew, mostly done excepting bases. Rasputina and the hoarcats were painted as layed out above. The December's Acolyte was a test using a similar method with a light green base for the white, I was quite happy with how he turned out.

file.php?id=188

KirigakurenoHaku: Well I'll be! In that case maybe I'll do the boots and belts white and the socks purple, basically mimicking the way Candy's shoes and socks are done. Can you tell I don't do much planning beyond basic colour schemes? I basically throw the main colours on the big areas of all the models then start tackling details. ;)

Alright; awesome! ^o^

I'm anxious to see this crew all finished up! The cohesive scheme is looking good! ^_^

Best of luck!~♪