Regarding the steamborg (and other newb questions)

Zwergenkrieger

Hi all,

I´m currently in the process of deciding which team to start with and therefore I browse the boards just to get some informations about models that I like due to their look (that´s the most imprtant thing for me).

Well, that being said, I´ve got some questions for you:

1. I totally dig the steamborg model and I like to get some informations about it: First, if I like a model, I try to run 2 of them in an army just to increase the possibility that this model will do something on the table. It´s kind of redundancy... Is the steamborg a model one likes to field more than once in a team?

2. I browsed these boards and it seems to me that the steamborg doesn´t recieve much love here. What´s the reasons?

3. What´s a good master to run with the steamborg?

4. Marcus is all about beasts, that´s what I already learned. And he may master beasts from other factions as well if I I understood his rules correctly (I don´t have a rule book right now, they seem to be out of stock here). So is he able to run these cool looking piglets and warpigs from the outcasts? Or aren´t they beasts as per Marcus rules?

5. Even if it would be some work, may I ask you to give me an overview of which beasts Marcus is able to field? I just like to know the ones that are already released so that I can have a look wether I like those sculpts.

Thanks for your help!

ZK

1 - Steamborgs are Rare1 which means that you can only include one of them in a Scrap and two in a Brawl (Scraps are by far the most popular games though).

2 - Not sure about the lacking Steamborg love - it's good, but costs alot aswell, some might prefer Joss as their heavy hitter - but I think it's a matter of taste really.

I've never played it myself, so maybe someone else could tell their opinions on the matter as I might be off if I attempt to go into detail.

3 - Thematically you'd obviously run it with Ramos (it's in his Starter even), but I've heard of it being fielded with Rasputina aswell and even Marcus at times (not sure of the success of this though).

4 - The Piglets and Warpigs aren't categorized as Beasts but rather Pigs.. Also given their rules it'd be suicidal to include them with Marcus.. Even if you could xD

5 - Other than the obvious ones there's Silurids and Waldgeists from the Neverborn section.

The Molemen are also beasts, but not generally liked in Marcus lists as they're really slow and he's all about hit and run.

* - Not meant to scare you off, but if you plan to start with Marcus be aware that he's considered the most difficult Master to play well and that you're probably in for an uphill struggle all the way.

Edit:

There's some yet unreleased Beats on their way that will probably help out a bit. No models though, but here's a minimal description to give you an idea at least:

A grinning, masked man hunched over (Guild Lawyer)

Bats

Harpy looking ghosts (Shikome)

Big undead monster sewn together from parts of the Cerberus and Razorspine and something else.

Raptors

Edited by Wodschow