Ophelia goes to CGC tournie

Garbin

Last weekend my local club ran 30ss Malifaux tournament. 2 lists, one master. I didn't have much gaming time with my gremlins but gave it a try... And it came up, a good one. There will be no fluff stuff in report as I'm to rubbish to write a good story. :P I went with full LaCroix crew complimented by 7 Bayou boys giving me 12 models and 1 ss of cache for fully painted crew. There may be some terminology problems but I'll try to explain what I mean. :)

Onward then:

1 game against Ramos, Cassandra, Corphiee, Arachnid Swarm and small arachnid that got sacrificed when Ramos died.

My strategy was Claim Jump with announced Breaktrough and Hold out shemes. Ramos played Slaughter with announced Bodyguard and 2ss bonus.

First turn saw me trying to get rid of Corphiee using 2 gremlins and Rami (failed on this one). Beginning of turn 2 Cassandra's breath fire put down same Rami and 2 bayou boys. Turn 2 Francois with another 2 bayou boys tried to shoot down Arachnid Swarm standing to close to my Claim Jump objective, but failed and Francois got killed instead by combined forces of Ramos and said swarm.

Raphael tried to shoot Ramos late in turn 2, but didn't do enough damage.

I won initiative and beginning of turn 3 resulted in dead Ramos, gunned down by Raphael with Dumb luck from Ophelia. I managed to kill Corphee and left Cassandra on a last wound. Cassandra and Swarm went trough my gremlins killing Pere, Raphael, Ophelia, 2 gremlins and left only one alive. :( We started to hurry a bit as time was running out and ended at turn 4 after my failed attempt to kill Cassandra off. He had swarm half way trough wounds and Cassandra on a last one, I was left with 1 Bayou Gremlin.

Ramos crew:

4vp Slaughter

minus 1vp for failed Bodyguard

LaCroix:

2vp for Hold Out

Result: 3-2

Second game was against Sonia Crid, Nino, Santiago, 3 Witchling Stalkers and 2 Guild guards.

My strategy was Treasure Hunt with announced Eye for an eye and Thwart shemes. Sonia played Claim Jump with announced Bodyguard and Assassination.

There is not much to say except I got really lucky with my hand and turn 2 Pere did 8 damage in a big circle around him killing all Witchlings, Santiago and putting five wounds on Sonia and one of the Guards. Rami then gunned down Nino and Sonia killing himself in the process. Rest of the game was to finish off 2 remaining Guards. There was no Guild models on the table by the end of turn 3.

Result: 6-0

Third game was again against Sonia Crid, Nino, Santiago, Francisco and Peacekeeper.

My strategy was Destroy the Evidence with announced xxx(the one you need to kill most expensive enemy model) and Stake a Claim shemes. Sonia played Claim Jump with announced Stake a Claim and Bodyguard (AFAIK)

This is another game turn 2 saw Pere did five damage in a big circle around him wounding Santiago and Francisco. Bayou guys finished them off next turn. Rami gunned down Nino. On my right flank 2 Bayou gremlins pooed themselves when they say Peacekeeper advancing towards them. Ophelia put Dumb Luck on Raphael and he moved in gunning Peacekeeper down. Strike flip: 13, damage flip: Red Joker, and a 3. 1st turn, 14dmg headshoot (minus 2 armour)! I actually felt bad after doing it. Sonia was gunned text turn leaving table to Bayou forces.

Result: 8-0

I came up 2nd in the tournie. 1st place was taken by Showgirls and 3rd by Lady Justice. It was an awesome tournament with loads of awesome people and painted minis. I was bit surprised by tabling 2 opponents, but I believe this is due to good hands and some astonishinig flips (Peacekeeper).

Conclussion:

Pere is so good, Raphael and Rami too. Francois is kinda meh, and I'll replace it with Slop hauler for sure. Also young LaCroix instead of gremlins will help as they have Companion(kin). All in all crew worked good and was awesome at dmg dealing, not that much in surviving games.

Advice for people playing against LaCriox: Kill Pere! always try to kill him first or position yourself so he can't explode efficiently.

PS. I believe Pere can use Oopsie! twice a turn to kill himself dealing 10dmg around. It didn't happen on the tournament (not enough AP), but it looks like he can create 12" deadzone around him, right?

On paper she looks superior to Som'er (never played with him though). She can do serious damage herself and all the bonuses she gives to Kin are just amazing. Raphael, Rami and Pere with auto Dumb Luck have to be one of the most nasty models I've seen. I only had five Malifaux games so far and I'm sure I didn't see a lot of stuff yet, but those are pretty b@d@@s gremlins. Don't give up on Ophelia! :)

I like Ophelia much better than Som'er. The auto :rams on all of the kin is just sick. Francios will eat anything with low def and an auto trigger to keep shooting. And of course an auto x3 damage for pere is pretty sweet too.

also, the young lacroix casting between the eyes is just brutal. 1/2/5 damage with a :+fate :+fate :+fate is awesome.

You will need Slop Hauler or two. Save your money and wait patiently for January when they are out. Three Young ones are going to be a nice addition too. So that gives you 30ss with no cache. I'd personally drop Francois, one Hauler and take 4 Bayou boys and 1ss cache. Or play 35ss games, drop Francois and take 3-4 Bayou boys spending rest for cache.

I'm not loving high cache as Ophelia never seems to use it all. 1-3 is enough IMHO.

I have been running 35ss games with the following crew.

Somer

Ophelia 8ss

Rami 6ss

Pere 5ss

4x Bayou Gremlin 8ss

2x Skeeters 4ss

4ss cache

With two soulstone users the cache has been important. For an upcoming tourney I get an additional 5 ss, so I believe I will hire a slop hauler as well since proxies are allowed.

I have been running 35ss games with the following crew.

Somer

Ophelia 8ss

Rami 6ss

Pere 5ss

4x Bayou Gremlin 8ss

2x Skeeters 4ss

4ss cache

With two soulstone users the cache has been important. For an upcoming tourney I get an additional 5 ss, so I believe I will hire a slop hauler as well since proxies are allowed.

I'm pretty sure this list is illegal because Somer can only hire 2 Special forces (Kin) models (see page 34 of RP)

Sorry :((

Being pretty sure doesn't mean you're right.

Taking a henchman with special forces ability takes off the two models only restriction. Even if he (or she in this case) is taken as Henchman.

It's under page 35 in Rising Powers RB.

I'm a beginning player who posts what he believes, and askes for correction if needed ;) (hey I even mentioned the pages xD)

Just trying to help