Ashburn VA tournament After Action (11-6-2010) - PIC HEAVY

nix

As announced in this thread, Ordo NOVA had ran the Gaining Ground tournament this past Saturday. Overall the tournament went very well, with the top three factions:

1. Resurrectionist - 29 VP
  2. Guild - 28 VP
  3. Arcanist - 26 VP

The Resser player played a Kirai crew through all 4 rounds of the tournament. The Guild and Arcanist players switched their crews/masters each round. Feedback on the tournament can be found on Mongoose Blog and on the Dead Tau Project (to be posted on Wednesday 11-10)

Some quick shots from the tournament:

A couple of the tables (players had 5 tables to choose from)

The Scrublands Board

IMG_0292.jpg

City of Malifaux Board

IMG_0291.jpg

Ruins board

IMG_0289.jpg

There was also a bog board and a small "religious village" board. The Scrublands, Ruins, and Bog board were all fixed terrain. The City of Malifaux and Village board were flat boards with mobile terrain set-up.

As part of the tournament, but separate to the overall tourney score we had a "Players Choice" contest. Players who had fully painted crews within the faction they were playing were encouraged to set-up their crews on display and all the players walked around and picked their favorite. 6 crews were entered:

IMG_0299.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

These two crews were tied for the highest number of votes were:

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

And the tie-breaker went to the Kirai crew.

And for some fun, I snapped a couple additional pictures during some games:

Sonia and Crew Checking out Downtown:

IMG_0304.jpg

Witchling Stalker prepares to rush the Onroyo

IMG_0306.jpg

Witchling Stalker has no idea whats waiting for him

IMG_0305.jpg

Is that a Manequin I see?

IMG_0303.jpg

That's all for now. If there are any questions or comments please let me know.

A) You live in Leesburg... I live in Leesburg... we both play Malifaux... you see where I'm going with this? =P

B) Were you all playing at Huzzah Hobbies?

I got a playgroup that I usually play with in my basement, about 4 of us now that play and I'm slowly peaking the rest of my Warhammer/WarmaHordes friends interests. =P

A) You live in Leesburg... I live in Leesburg... we both play Malifaux... you see where I'm going with this? =P

Are we the same person? I feel so schizophrenic sometimes...... :viktoria2 :viktoria1

B) Were you all playing at Huzzah Hobbies?

I got a playgroup that I usually play with in my basement, about 4 of us now that play and I'm slowly peaking the rest of my Warhammer/WarmaHordes friends interests. =P

Yes, we were playing at Huzzah. I sent you a PM, we should meet up for some games! Huzzah has been hosting regular Tuesday Night Malifaux every week, I am there nearly every week as the overall organizer.