Ophelia at a tournament

ukrocky

Hey guys,

Was at a tournament over here in the UK (first one?!?) this weekend and took an Ophelia crew;

It was a 25 SS event...

Ophelia (-6)

2 Young LaCroixs (4) - Ideally would have had 3...

Slop Hauler (4)

Rami LaCroix (6)

Raphael LaCroix (6)

5 Gremlins (10)

1 For the cache!

Now, a low cache, this is because I don't believe you need a high cache, and has almost always been my way of seeing things! Ah well!

Ok so game 1 and I'm up against the viktorias, with a convict gunslinger and the usual suspects. I wiped him out by turn 4 through sheer weight of shots and the double damage triggers. I think Viktorias are a good match up for Ophelia...?

Game 2, I'm up against Lillith, Nekima, 2 terror tots and Black Blood shaman.

I get first activiation, it's corner deployment. He's deployed right on the corner of his, ready to run, I've spread out with rami right on my corner. I activiate ophelia, put double damage trigger on Rami and then companion Rami. Shuffle Rami forward 2 inches forward and one shot the shaman off the board before he moves. Woop!

A few things happen and all of a sudden Nekima swaps places with a gremlin and is into Ophelia! My opponent makes his strike and causes 2 damage. He then passes over to me.

I remind him he has melee master.

He thanks me and proceeds to hit, followed by flipping red joker for damage, killing ophelia in one hit! D'oh!

So after that I manage to wittle down his crew to just lilith on 3 wounds but never get close to killing her (got her down to 3 through slop hauler reducing her defense by being 2-3" away).

I shall write the other games up tomorrow, but I got another win vs Viktorias followed by a draw vs McMourning despite killing McMourning on turn 2!! I finished 3rd overall, with Lilith winning the tournament, and Perdita 3rd.

Sounds pretty fun, glad to see success for the greenskinned good ol' boys :)

Two questions:

1.) Why not have just replaced on of the bland Bayou Gremlins for the 3rd Young Lacroix, for the same cost they seem almost universally superior?

2.) How did Raphael do for you in such a shooty dominant list? What were your specific goals for him?

Yo

Cheers for the questions.

You raised both of the things about my crew;

1) Last young LaCroix. Honestly, the only reason I didn't take one was because the model I'm using for them, I had 2 of. That's it. I'm using the gremlin with its gun pointing at itself, to remind me that when they shoot, they go backward.

2) Raphael. Well, I wanted to try him out as an objective grabber with the aim of him also being able to deal some good damage with his 3Dg pulse in the right circumstance, as well as his max 5 damage gun.

In all honesty, after the event I looked at francois as well for a point cheaper and had a big debate in my head over who I prefered but came to no conclusion. He didn't die all tournament though...

Friends before wins! I knew the lad and it was a genuine mistake so thought I'd help him out. I've won tournaments in the past, and he never has so there we go!

I used a converted som'er teeth jones...:D

Oh, as a side note, I was also running the tournament :P

:vb_cheers

Must have a look at what I could run as a slop hauler. I have a few spare gremlins.