Website Preview & Feedback

Kaine

Taking a break from making Terrain boards i've started work on a new Malifaux website.

My aim with the website is to provide a regularly updated news site with tutorials covering everything from basic game mechanics to advanced spell/ability concepts.

The first version of the site is here

http://www.malifaux.info

(not much content yet but it will grow over coming weeks)

Interested in both peoples feedback and suggestions for content.

Thanks

If I can find the time, I would enjoy writing some tutorials.

I'm thinking having a few contributers working wiki-style might be a good idea. This way if one of the contributers gets busy with something else in life stuff can still be kept up to date. Tacticas would be useful, and maybe some articles on the fuzzier things in the game like attacking from an elevated position, ranged and melee.

On page 5 of the current errata it says

Height (p.85)

Add to the end: “Models may not make melee attacks against targets that are on terrain that has a Ht of greater than the Ht of the model attacking.”

So if I have a Ht 2 model standing on Ht 3 building then my model can't attack another model in base contact on the same Ht 3 building?

I'm sure that's not what they meant, but that's what the rule says because it does not say anything about a difference in elevation, it only deals with absolute height. Has this come up at all in the rules sections of this forum!?

I would think a model would be able to attack another model in melee as long as the difference in elevation was no more than the attacker's Ht or the attacker's melee range, but maybe that's just me.

Thanks folks, yes i will be looking for some people to write tutorials at some stage, initially i need to get the basic content and template sorted.

Unfortunately the blog back end is a little unwieldy at the moment so some basic html skills would be required although i'd happily convert stuff from word etc for people.

At the moment i plan sections something like

Spells : Obey

A section covering the use of the common spell Obey with alot of examples and suggestions on its use.

Ability : Slow to Die

etc

etc

So each common spell/ability would have its own page, then supplement that with a page for each Master as the site grows.

Thanks to everyone who has visited the site so far, i'm still working on new content and templates to enable others to help.

The weekly poll has been quite interesting so i though i'd give people a chance to suggest next weeks poll.

It needs to be a simple question with 5 or so answers (plus or minus a few, but obviously who is your favourite master wont be practical).