Kirai and big monsters

Ratty

I'm considering adding a big hard hitting model to my crew, So what can Kirai take, well Dead Rider, Rogue Necromancy and Snowstorm seem the main 3.

The Dead Rider is maybe not as hard hitting as the Rogue Necromancy, but he has a fair amount of synergy. You can turn it into a spirit with the Lost Love, then use his change of purpose to heal him right back up to 7. I love the idea of swirling spiriting him into melee range of a model and then harpooning the model and dragging it back 10" into a mass of spirits.

Rogue Necromancy is big and tough and does an aweful lot of damage which is still really cool.

Dead Rider has a LOT of synergy. I've used him a few times. Turn him into a Spirit with Lost Love, Empower with a Seishin then cast Spiritual Combination on him. Move forward 18 inches (Since he's on 5 Wd after Regen, he gets fast) and he should be in melee range (preferably with your opponent's biggest beatstick). Reactivate then flurry and you should kill whatever it is your hitting. If you moved him right, he should be out of your opponent's melee range even if you don't kill it (unless it's that thrice-damned Nikima), so you either get an extra attack if you think you need it, or be able to dart back 6" into cover, ready to be 'empowered and combinationed' again next turn.

Of course, you need to have that 11 of crows or higher in your hand on that first turn...But I have flipped a success for it...once. Maybe Jack Daw could help with the extra control card and the 'no-cheaty for you but I'm out of range of it!' ability.

• 2 weeks later...