Hamelin, the Plagued problems/questions/ whaaaa?

Sandwich

well you can use the totem for one card and then abandon soul on a stolen to get 2 more, then the stolen becomes a rat. honistly untill i found out today that stolen arnt unique, i didnt know what to do either but they are so good for 3 ss that i think in a 35 ss list you can easy squeas in 3 or 4 and you use them and the ones your making for all of hamlins sac a freindly things and you still get rats.

Basicly your buying a rat that isnt slow, can use bleeding disease and can be sacrificed to hamlin (without loss), and everyone says bleeding disease is rubish, and fair enough its not very versitiel, but it only has a cc or 10 and if you cast it with hamlin a few stolen a rat catcher a wretch and nix, you will get a few casts of and it will start hurting, as i sead in an earlyer post with hamlin dont focus fire, spread that desseis to all that you can in the first half of the game, after that take aim and destroy

the way i see it my rats are going to die, most likely it will be quick to, so rather than swarming one thing with rats then the next then the next and having 3 guys who are un touched, i aim to get 1 or 2 rat bites against each person in range, and then capitalize on it in the later turns

I've played enough games to figure out my niche with him.

I've been taking him to be far less expendable than he actually is.

The -4 Ca isn't detrimental when you're abusing the Stolen, because you can just hit a Fate is Meaningless and then use their big hitters against them, or smack them with Pipes and do the exact same thing.

Hell, I've even started using the Black Staff now, because of how easily he comes back.

My question is this: Does the -4 Ca stack? As in, if he dies twice, is his Ca reduced to zero? I played it that way, but I do not know.

Edited by Sandwich

i think its decause when he dies and comes back in he is a new modle and hence has no debuffs and is then given the -4ca, and if he diead again when he came back he would be a brand new hamlin with 7 ca but would then go down to 3 again

Agreed. It's a new model, old changes vanish (Such as his wounds suffered). Of course, I don't remember the exact wording on how he comes back, so I could be wrong.

He does indeed come back as a new model and it dose not stack. So when he dies it is only -4 CA ever.

Also remember that if your hand is low then your opponent isn't cheating then. So when you do flip high then they have to cheat to stop it and if not then you do what you need to do. I figure that all my cards are going to hamelin and nix only, because the rats are there to be a nuisance and everything else is just there and have abilities instead of spells.

The blight counters are probably there for just in case you get one on someone. So then nix, hamelin, and the est catchers use bleeding disease, and do two damage for each counter on them.

So ya he has hand issues, but there are many things that you can get cards from. I'm actually playing him in a tourney tomorrow, (maybe, gotta find rat catcher proxies) so ill post how he did here if anybody is interested.

Edited by Iamwyrd

It would be the only ability that ignores RoE because it is the only ability that directly affects the RoE at all.

I'm sure Marcus' ability is the only ability that overrides whatever rule his specific ability states, yada yada.

I still hope that the Rats become placed, and the entire section about everyone else getting jack is thrown out the door. They could just make sure to iterate that only one rat may be obtained per unit slain, so that nobody could claim they get three rats off of one body, or if they did get more than one, make the rats suck so much that it's not overpowered, which would really be fine with me, honestly.

I wouldn't mind a rat swarm.

Boom, problem solved completely, and then I could go buy Hamelin without feeling like an Overpowered dick.

Zombie dogs aren't bad either, really.

You can go with Alps, too, depending on what master you're facing.

As for totems, the Obedient Wretch is pretty much a necessity, due to The Void.

I don't know, there may be models added on a later date that could take precedence over the Rats, but until then, 2 Rat Catchers, a soulless(or two) a ton of rats, and the Obedient Wretch are all you really need to faceroll.