Ortega Clan cousins?

Issalbotproto

Unless they were REALLY distant cousins, they would still have the family type, and companion would still happen if you played them with the rest of the family

I like the family rally idea, but it should probably have a range (12" or something

I agree they'd be Family, I just wonder if they should innately have Companion-Family, or if it should be added with a (0) Action by someone else. I think it might help balance them a bit, as well as add a great new layer for managing resources with the Ortegas.

I agree they'd be Family, I just wonder if they should innately have Companion-Family, or if it should be added with a (0) Action by someone else. I think it might help balance them a bit, as well as add a great new layer for managing resources with the Ortegas.

I don't think they should have any sort of companion ability, I think they'd be fine just mooching off anyone else. What I'm saying is, They're family. If perdita is nearby, she can activate francisco and nino at the same time--and can also activate any "cousins" at the same time, because they are the family type.

Then, without a main family member, family doesn't count for companion because none of the "cousins" have companion. I think it's fair this way.

Well I think the idea of them being able to be companioned by the main ortega's would be kinda powerful, so maybe give them "can;t be companioned by family, but let them have the "family get together" so they at least have a tiny alpha strike set up

But I'm so glad to see this thread getting such a response I was going to try and think up a character card, but I was beaten to the punch

the other idea is have 2 different kinds of cousins like a support cousin and a regular cousin

Issa: I think that might be making a little to complex. I think the idea of cousins heading to Malifaux in order to make a name as an Ortega has a ton of merit. Having a layered structure might well muddy it, in both rules and fluff.

alemon: I like the idea of any of the "main" Ortegas being able to activate them as part of Companion-Family. Are you thinking it could only be Perdita? I think I might need a bit more caffeine over here...

Issa: I think that might be making a little to complex. I think the idea of cousins heading to Malifaux in order to make a name as an Ortega has a ton of merit. Having a layered structure might well muddy it, in both rules and fluff.

alemon: I like the idea of any of the "main" Ortegas being able to activate them as part of Companion-Family. Are you thinking it could only be Perdita? I think I might need a bit more caffeine over here...

I was not thinking of any special rule or anything; And not just Perdita, but the whole main family. The reason is not anything I came up with myself, but the set rules as they are right now. Anyone with companion family will be able to companion family members, even if those family members do not have companion.