mriverakc

The game sucks imo. It kinda works on the same format of Battletech in that the when you attack you hit a random section, but in the case of this game it is a stat. You can make an attack with a sword at a barbarian and hit his magic stat. One of the other aspects I disliked was the game is a gladiator battle, so you think you can build your fighter how you like. That is not the case, you pick your model and that model has a very limited build option. The last part of the game that makes me think it's bad, but I am not 100% on is the effect the fans have on the game. As the fight goes on the fans will take different actions, this could be as dramatic as forcing one fighter to auto win.

The models are ok, they are not on the same level of quality as some of the skirmish models, but not bad for mass battle systems.

One of the other aspects I disliked was the game is a gladiator battle, so you think you can build your fighter how you like. That is not the case, you pick your model and that model has a very limited build option.

There is a second edition of the game that has been released in Spanish (as it is a Spanish Game) that addresses this exact problem. They are making the game so you can use any figure from any system and base its stats on factors such as race, and weapon options. Supposedly there are over 100 options for each race.

I have all of the minis, and a custom made arena, however I have been anticipating an English release of the version 2 rules.

Some of the models are gorgeous. I have considered ordering a couple of their Dark Elf models for Warhammer. My only complaint about their minis is that they are very GW-derivitive. They're just now previewing a mini that wouldn't fit into a Warhammer Fantasy army, and they've been around for years.

I've read a lot of the questions asked on their Forum regarding the game and the rules, and I just can't decide whether this game has bad innovations or is trying to be more RPG-ish.