TheWarStore Weekend Opening Gameing and Tournement

Catyrpelius

As the title of this post suggests, this is going to be about the upcoming Malifaux Tournements at the WarStore Weekend October 22nd thru the 24th.

As it stands now, there will be a tournement Friday at 10, as well as one on Saturday at 10. So far they are going to be pretty standard 35 point SS tournements. What I'm looking for is ideas or things that the community would like to see in a tournement.

As it stands now, our schedule is Friday and Saturday, there will be a tournement starting at 10 am, the around 6 pm or so we will start up demos and open gameing. There will be a more definate schedule in the next few weeks, right now we are just trying to come up with ideas to make our tournement unique.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a problem at all judt throwing out some general tournament questions so people have an idea. Also what is the ruling on playing decks? Can we sleeve them? Can we use regular playing cards etc?

Sorry I'm asking odd questions just want to make a mental checklist. I was intending to join the malifaux tournies at gen con but they filled up right quick and other events clouded my schedule lol

• 4 weeks later...

Absolutely. Nubes are always welcome. Ok, with one condition, just make sure you have a basic grasp of what's happening. Here's why... If you stink and your opponent beats you badly, that's part of playing in a tournament and getting experience. If you drag down the event for your opponent, well, that's another issue all together. Soooo... make sure you know the basics.

For the tournament players who are very SERIOUS about tournaments, please remember, your list can be tough as nails, but you SHOULDN'T BE!!!

#1 rule for our event is "HAVE FUN!!!"

Also tournament point - If you do use a fate deck in sleeves, please understand if there are tears or rips, or other markings on the sleeves, you may be asked to remove your deck from them should an issue arrise.