Satoshi Kon

Given the sad news of the passing of Satoshi Kon, I was wondering if any others here had been fans of his work. He was one of my favourite directors and I have all his work. It's just a pity there will not be more.

For those not in the know he was an anime director of the following.

Perfect Blue

Tokyo Godfathers

Millenium Actress

Paranoia Agent (TV)

Paprika

Sad to hear this :(

I watched most of it and really loved Paprika and Paranoia Agent (although the first 6~7 episodes of the show were by far the best ones.. Ending was a tad disappointing, maybe that's just me).

Makes me wanna listen to the parade.. Not sure if it's fitting at all though.. ._.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHIq3jjrMi8[/ame]

I agree with you on Paranoia Agent actually, it did not quite live up to the early promise.

Good shout on the parade also, a great piece of music, as was the whole soundtrack. I would say that about most of his films, but the pop stuff in perfect blue (my fave of his films) - which granted was part of the story - still makes me shudder.

• 2 weeks later...

all I can say is the same thing I said 2 weeks ago on other articles related to his death.

Wolfgang better not **** up Paprika's live action movie that he is working on. Kon was a genius in the anime world. He was the last hope for 2d animation's evolution. Now we gota put up with Pixar's 3d crap that doesn't even hit on most of the 12 principles of animation.

Kon was the Chuck Jones for this new generation. Even studio Gibli was lacking compared to Kon's work.

Nolan even credits 90% of Inception to be inspiration from Paprika. Claiming Paprika set his imagination on fire and kick started the movies production.

all I can say is the same thing I said 2 weeks ago on other articles related to his death.

Wolfgang better not **** up Paprika's live action movie that he is working on. Kon was a genius in the anime world.

I don't know if you could hand pick anyone more likely to completely demolish everything that was good about Paprika. Not unless he goe back to Das Boot form and I don't see that happening after so many years.