Iowa Malifaux League and Learn to Play Day

semanticdm

Tempest Games, located at 212 Edgewood Road in Cedar Rapids, IA, will be hosting a Malifaux Escalation League starting on September 5th, at 25 soulstones. Soulstone limits will go up by 10 every two weeks.

In addition, we will be hosting a learn-to-play day on September 3rd, with an encore learn-to-play on September 5th.

All Malifaux players, and those interested in Malifaux, are welcome to show up.

The cost to join the league is $10.

~ SemanticDM

• 2 weeks later...
Any idea what time people would be showing up on the 5th? I still haven't gotten my first game of Malifaux in despite my persuasion at the Des Moines store. Given the holiday weekend I am considering driving out.

People will generally be in and out throughout the day on Sundays.

Fridays are also awesome days to pick up a game.

~ SemanticDM

Aliase, FYI at least four of the more experienced players will be out of town for the holiday weekend (myself, semanticdm, meechelley, and wedget88).

There will at least be a few players that have been showed demos at least, read through the book and played a game or two at most, but if you would like a more detailed walkthrough I would recommend coming Friday night.

~ Powersoxette

P.S. The store should be open from 12 to 5+ depending on our owner actually needing to see his kids (just saw that your request wanted to know times). At least one Malifaux player should be there ~ 12.

Edited by powersoxette
added store hours

• 3 weeks later...

We've got pictures from a couple of different gaming sessions, finally!

IMAG0060.jpg

In this one, the beautiful Powersoxette shows off our terrain in the background while wedget88 noms a burrito and surveys the terrain of his next battle.

IMAG0065.jpg

Here, Meechelley is blurry-fast as she does something with her hand (Throwing down the Red Joker as she cheats from her hand, mayhaps?), while another league member on the left figures out what minions his master is going to hire.

Thanks! We've got a bit of cool terrain, and some not so cool terrain ("That piece of felt is a forest?"), and some terrain yet to be built.

The thread with the tournament info is at http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14766

Also, it looks like at least Powersoxette and I are going to try to make it down to Ottumwa on October 3rd, if you guys'll have us. :-)

• 4 weeks later...