picture.php?albumid=99&pictureid=471

So, I started playing Malifaux not too long ago per the influences of another user here, thaehl. Pandora is my first master. For her crew, I've also picked up a Poltergeist.

Here they are if you want to have a look. I'm thinking of making a custom Teddy for the team, too, so I'll have to put that up when I'm done.

--EDIT--

August 8th- A polymer Teddy has been made, along with a 50mm base. So far, he has been sculpted, baked, and attached to his base. He shall be painted soon. For the curious few, his teeth are the ends of sewing pins baked into the clay.

August 9th- So as of now, my Teddy is all done! He is all painted and ready for play. The only thing that needs to be done is for the glue on his base (my alternative to "Water Effects") to dry. Here are the pictures:

Front

Back

Above

I used more washes here per your guys' advices, and I am quite pleased with the result! Thank you all! ^_^

August 10th- So Teddy is all done now, including his base. The glue finished drying around 10 o'clock last night.

picture.php?albumid=99&pictureid=470

Edited by KirigakurenoHaku
Updated -Teddy Complete-

OK I'll be the first to comment.

While I applaud you for attempting to light source the box, spirits, and flames, (I personnaly won't even try it,) to me it looks more like mistakes than light. I think the issue is it is too heavy. It needs to be done with very thin paint and built up in layers over time.

That also leads me to say that it appears you need to thin out your paint more.

Also, shading and highlighting will do more to improve the models than attempting light sourcing. Your skin tones are flat, especially on Pandi.

But, this is not only a negative post. I really like where you are going with these pieces. I think you have the start of some good models there. a little more practice, thinner paint, and some more shading/highlighting will really help.

Good luck, and continue the good work.

Looks Like you have the beginnings of something there. Its not great but not totally horriable either. The paint looks too thick. There is no depth there either. Some drybrushing or washes and or glazes may help.

Again not a negative post just hopefully a helpful one. At least you have something painted, mine have been sitting on my desk for a month now. Ill post something soon as my time frees up. NOt that I am a great painter, I can do good table top quality.

Keep working and it will come, took me about 5 years of GW stuff with a lot of help from some great guys at my bunker to get where I am happy with what I paint.

And keep in mind that Wyrd minis are tougher to paint than the GW ones; they don't have all those easy-to-use high lines.

Anyhow, the critique. Good early effort. I like that you matched your sorrows with their crew, and I like the effect you tried for with Pandora. As the above poster, I haven't yet gotten the courage to start messing up light sourcing, and think its a great effect when properly applied. Keep practicing!

After thinning your paints down, the next thing to learn to use is washes. You can go from decent to freakin' nice in about 10 minutes with a well applied wash. The line from GW is a solid, easy to use, versatile set (get a set going, Wyrd, so we can give you our money for paints, too!).

As I said man, great early effort. You have a fully painted crew (which not everyone does)!

50mm bases are pretty cheap just fyi. And having a few extra is handy for blast templates. I'd suggest picking up a pack for less than $3. Use one for teddy (who is looking pretty good by the way) and using the rest for blasts. Even pandy has need of 1 blast template.