Homemade Counters

maxvon_d

While I patiently await some nice sculpted counters from the lovely (and twisted) folks at Wyrd, I decided to make some homemade counters for a recent game. It was McMourning vs Ramos so I knew we needed plenty of corpse, body part and scrap tokens.

Here's what I knocked up for the task:

4847789288_ba0363cd16_m.jpg

I just printed, carefully cut them out and glued them into standard 30mm lipped bases and they worked out nicely. I may go back and distinguish the body parts from the corpses a bit more but they'll do for now.

You can see them in action over on my recent battle report :)

Hope I'm not infringing on any IP/Copyright by sharing them for you all on here.

If the image sizing is off I may go back and re-do them as a PDF. They were correctly sized at 300dpi but the Flickr hosting may have messed things up a bit.

EDIT: Revised the counters a bit. White background with black outline to make it easier to cut them out. Also changed the body part counters to differentiate them from the corpse counters. And I added some blast counters. Not tried them yet so hopefully they'll work alright in 50mm lipped bases.

Edited by maxvon_d
Updated the counters

I like the font you've used. Fits right in with the Malifaux style.

It'd be nice to have pics of severed arms, legs, heads for the body part tokens. The corpse tokens I feel can be left as is (little more is left than a bloody smear on the landscape) :rip:

I actually prefer the plainer counters (as pictorial counters mean that you're locked into a particular artists interpretation). Nice work on those, I've been meaning to go to the printer and get some run off on a heavier cardstock and these look just the ticket.

Thanks!

Here are some scrap counters I made up for my Ramos Crew. I like yours that you posted though, They would be nice additions to the plastic cards they are coming out with.

~DG

Nice scrap tokens DG. I'd love to have some sculpted ones but was in a hurry to get stuff ready for the game so knocked them up quickly.

Wonder if I can maul some plastic zombie minis for body parts and corpses...

One thing that I found in using these is that the black background made it difficult to cut them out in a neat circle. It might be advisable to give them each a thin black border on a white background to make it easier to eyeball the cut - Just a thought.

One thing that I found in using these is that the black background made it difficult to cut them out in a neat circle. It might be advisable to give them each a thin black border on a white background to make it easier to eyeball the cut - Just a thought.

Good call. The accidentally elliptical ones didn't stand out against the black bases when I did it but it certainly wouldn't hurt to do them against a white background for guidance.

I shall distinguish the corpse and body part tokens a little also.

Thanks for the update (just spent an evening cutting out a bunch of the previous versions...!).

One thing I was going to suggest was adding Blood Counters for Lilith and her brood (since they don't appear on the Tabletopgeeks counter sheets here):

http://tabletopgeeks.com/wp-content/downloads/malifaux/misc/Malifaux%20WIP%20Tokens.pdf

But you beat me to the punch...!