Terrain for Malifaux Games

cptkremmen

A little while ago I tried asking around about terrain items people use for their Malifaux games and did not get a lot of inspiring replies. So I went out buying stuff myself to see how it worked.

This weekend I bought a games workshop, warhammer fantasy "Arcane Ruined Temple" or something very like that for £15 in the UK, it is an excellent model, tons of atmosphere and lots of spare columns etc that give excellent cover items to hide behind. I would highly recommend this piece as suitable for Malifaux.

I also have the LOTR GW ruined cathedral thing they sell, also very good though I think not quite as atmospheric as the ruined arcane temple.

For cowboy buildings in the UK I use Hovels, I believe there is a range in the US that may be even better but just not practical to get them over here.

I shall consider this post well worthwhile if just one person discovers how cool the GW ruined warhammer temple is :)

Andy

I'm a bit confused (what's new)

Found an article on building a city of death, it mentioned city of death sprues, but I can't find any terrain called city of death?

There is the moonscape and shell crater scenery, I have those, excellent pieces though probably not really Malifaux.

Only bit I saw that looked quite nice was the "Walls and Fences" in warhammer scenery section, I already have some walls, but you can never have enough!!

Andy

Cities of death (COD) is the term for the expansion of 40k in urban built up areas. The scenery is called Basillica, Manufactorum and Administratum. They later released the Aquila shrine/thing which can be combined with the rest.

Plus they are sold by independent stockists so can get 10-25% off.

D.

Talking of GW terrain, I also like the GW plastic forest. The trees are appropriately gnarled and twisted and they have the advantage of being individually removable from their large plate-like base (to use as a Hanging Tree, etc.). Note that I don't bother with their silly flat foliage pieces, I think then look best with bare branches.

The Warhammer plastic buildings (Watch Tower, House, etc.) are also passable for Malifaux, although perhaps a little too medieval-looking.

I must admit I am very excited about the Terraclips terrain. I had continually put off buying or (attempting) sculpting decent wargaming terrain but this is a definate purchase.

Given the amount of good stuff being released by Wyrd for Gencon it has made up my mind to finally sell off the last remaining vestiges of my GW stuff.