Matters of statehood

Silver, no, the Breach(es) reopened in 1897, the game takes place four years after that in 1901. It reopened a hundred years to the moment after it closed. That was a decade after it was opened the first time.

The alternate Earth's history also included magic as a powerful and pervasive institution. I think we can safely say that all sorts of things might well be different, including the existence of the USA.

Also, the Guild seized power on Earth. Whether that was direct power or behind the scenes control it means a lot of things changed in the century between the closing then reopening of the original Breach. We don't know if any nation states still exist as we know them.

I would wager to say that Wyrd doesn't even "know" officially although I'm sure they have some ideas and thoughts regarding the issues. It's often easier to leave things nebulous so that there is room to make decisions as needed for story development rather than put a rigid structure in place that may or may not work down the road.