Malifaux League, Rasputina

Aenur

Ladies and Gents,

I am about to start up in a Malifaux league. Rules are simple. You can take a crew of 40 SS into the league. Each game is 25 SS that has to be made up from the 40 you declared at the begining.

I am using Rasputina so wanted some advice on what will give me the best redundancy and options across all the other gangs in 40SS...

I am thinking currently

3 Ice Gamlin

2 Hoarcat Prides

1 December Acolyte

1 Wendigo

1 Essence of Power

1 Razorspine rattler

Coming in at 39 and giving me some options.

What are peoples thoughts and potential improvements? I do have an Ice Golem Model at home also, and was tossing up Joss as a good inclusion.

Ladies and Gents,

I am about to start up in a Malifaux league. Rules are simple. You can take a crew of 40 SS into the league. Each game is 25 SS that has to be made up from the 40 you declared at the begining.

I am using Rasputina so wanted some advice on what will give me the best redundancy and options across all the other gangs in 40SS...

I am thinking currently

3 Ice Gamlin

2 Hoarcat Prides

1 December Acolyte

1 Wendigo

1 Essence of Power

1 Razorspine rattler

Coming in at 39 and giving me some options.

What are peoples thoughts and potential improvements? I do have an Ice Golem Model at home also, and was tossing up Joss as a good inclusion.

Well first things first is you cant have two totems. Either Wendigo or Essence of Power. I like the essence of power much more with Raspy because when your arcing spells via Icy Mirrors your usually at one negative flip and the totem cancels that out allowing you to cheat to moderate of severe.

Also I usually always run the Ice Golem with her. He make a great Icy Mirrors canidate due to his 9 wounds, statue and armor 2. He is hard to kill. I think you could drop the rattler as they dont have much synergy with Raspy I find. If you wanna take something fast to engage enemies take the Cerebus. He is a very effective first strike option.

You also mentioned Joss. Even though he is nine points he destroys things and is pretty survivable. You can give him armor with Raspy so you dont have to waste his charges then once he is in Melee he can flurry or reactivate. His damage spread is also great with his counters and his Df on top of armor makes him hard to neturalize.

To my last point, I find the models you include with Raspy are usually either for icy mirrors or for distractions while your slow army advances. Raspy is really the work horse of the Army with the most killing potential by far. One Decembers Touch can do alot of damage, and on top of being able to cast is 3 times not including overpower is amazing.

Here is a list I like to take.

Raspy SS (7)

Ice Gamin

Ice Gamin

Ice Golem

Essence of Power

Joss

Cerebus

If you dont have the Cerebus model you can drop 1 ss and bring 2 hoarcat prides instead

Sorry perhaps I was unclear. I can take 40 SS into the league and each game I make a 25 SS crew to play the game with from the 40 SS list. So while I included 2 totems it wasn't to use both at once, but rather take whichever suited the situation better...

Does that make sense?

Edited by Aenur
Typos! :P

Sorry perhaps I was unclear. I can take 40 SS into the league and each game I make a 25 SS crew to play the game with from the 40 SS list. So while I included 2 totems it wasn't to use both at once, but rather take whichever suited the situation better...

Does that make sense?

100% it made sense the first time, also love this idea.

I'd drop the Wendigo as well - there are very few cases where it's a better match for Rasputina than the Essence.

I might also swap the Rattler for a Sabertooth Cerberus. Especially for scenarios like Treasure Hunt its speed is incredibly useful. I do like the Rattler as a model, but since you're going to be stuck with these options for a while there are too many cases where the Cerberus will be more useful.

Ok so taking this on board...

2 Gamlin

2 Hoarcat Prides

1 Joss

1 Essence of Power

1 Cerebus

That is 37 SS I cannot fit anything else in that is not a totem. So I mix and match from that list. At 25 SS I dont like taking Tina in with less than 6 - 8 SS so there are a few option for lists. Though at this point not taking a golem for ice mirror (with gamlins beign the only mirrors available...) I might be better off with the golem over Joss...

FWIW, I think the Cerberus gives you the melee carnage that people usually expect from Joss, and in a more flexible package. The Golem is uniquely tough, though - especially if you stack it up with December's Touch and/or mirror White Out through it, it's an INCREDIBLY durable model.

Ok so Joss, Cerebus and the EoP are definitely in by all accounts...

2 hoar cat prides, 1 Gamin and a december acolyte to make it 39.

If you're going to use the Hoarcat prides, you need at least three as Voracious requires 2 or more prides to be within 3" which if one of them gets blasted they don't outright lose that ability.

If you're going to use the Hoarcat prides, you need at least three as Voracious requires 2 or more prides to be within 3" which if one of them gets blasted they don't outright lose that ability.

Voracious only requires 1 more friendly Hoarcat pride to be in effect.

As far as your list is concerned, you might want to go a bit more toolbox with it. Adding in any model that can ignore severe terrain (Arachnid Swarm, Myranda or Steamborg Executioner, just from the Arcanist list) will definitely help out a lot of the encounters that have Rubble or Bogs as one of the special features. The Cerberus can ignore it once with Leap, but that requires a CC 10:masks, so you'll need to either flip the right card with luck (8 possible cards in the deck that can do it, with varying odds dependent on when you cast leap) or cheat fate with a 7:masks or higher (which then uses up resources from your hand.). Taking Myranda will allow you to transform her into either the Cerberus or the Rattler to allow a more situational approach on matters dependent on the scenario or schemes that are chosen.

The 40ss list that I would recommend overall taking into consideration of your preferences.

Rasputina

Essence of Power (2)

Hoarcat Pride x 2 (10)

Ice Gamin (4)

Myranda (7)

Steamborg Executioner (10)

December Acolyte (6)

Totaling 39ss.