Levi, Alyce and which little guys?

Drool_bucket

So I am stepping out from the Viks to the Crew I am completely obsessed by, Leveiticus'.

My initial thought is to play Levi, Alyce and a lot of Ht 1 stuff. I think there is strong synergy between units like Necropunks, SPA and arachnids for what I want to accomplish.

Necropunks move really well, as do the arachnids. However, they drop Corpse Counters, which are great for Hollow Waifs, they fail to turn into SPAs, which in the end, are the core of the Crew.

The arachnids leave the all important scrap counter. They also have a couple of other important abilities, namely self destruct. Getting one with "Burn Out" to run into a pack of enemy models and blow itself up can get mid ranged models remain wounds into Levi's install kill range.

Now, in the end, its all about the SPAs. In a perfect world I'd end up with 7-8 running around joining together to make "Mr. Beatstick", only to have his come apart to be made again. I do intend to have two Desolation Engine models for the rare time "everything goes right".

So, my question is, what starting combination of "sidekicks" do you think I should use?

In a 30SS I was thinking 2 NPs, 3 Ara and 1 SPA for 21(28 with Alyce). 3 arachnids seems a good idea in case I want to swarm them together. I thought 1 SPA so I at least started with 1 towards the 4.

Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

It depends on what you want. I dont use Arachnids unless I have a movement based Strategy and even then I dont use them much. SPA's can go very fast but in a cluster and the Desolation Engine is walking death for any crew so I prefer to start with 4 SPA's so I can bring it out when I want it.

But thats me, everyone has their own opinions and you have to find your own play style. If your looking for strong combinations, the SPA's are probably the best you will get because of the Desolation bomb stragey and their synergy with Levy. But others work nearly or as well to.

What do you want to do with your crew?

Yeah, I would definitely leave out the arachnids. If I remember correctly when they blow up they sacrifice and don't leave behind a scrap counter.

The only problem I see with just running SPAs is that they are all insignificant, and therefore you only have Levi and Alyce to take objectives. Normally I try to run at least one or two (sometimes all three) Necropunks. They are fast and can deliver your SPAs all over the board, hard to kill, and if you get one on the break away damn hard for your foe to get out from behind some of the "in their deployment zone" objectives. They are also slow to die if you run the Killjoy trick with your crew.

They all have their use and yes the SPA's arent the best if you need to hold a lot of objectives. But they are the best for killing and if you only need to hold one area. Like Land Grab and the Treasure scenario. Just have Alyce or Levy worry about getting them. Or have a desolation engine do it.

Only reconoiter is a pain in the but for a Vanilla Levy crew. But thats fine, a few other units and your more then good to go. But again, its your own play style that really matters. I like the theme Levy stuff so I've learned to use it to maximum effect ;D

At 30ss I like

Levi

Alyce 8

3 SPA 9

Necropunk 4

Hooded Rider 8

1ss (or only 2 SPA and 4ss or switch necropunk for punk zombie)

You can generally make 3-4 SPA during the first couple of turns which lets you lose a couple (using them to stick things in melee or whatever then create a SPA from the scrap counter they drop) and still get a deolation engine around turn 3-4.

Basic plan, the Hooded Rider chooses 'night' and drags a bunch of SPAs who've activated 'you can't shoot me' around... this group then only needs to worry about melee, and non-ranged-type spells and goes super-fast. You try to get another SPA near them with Levi's ranged nonsense then voltron-up the Desolation Engine and crush kill maim.

If you don't like the hooded rider, a necropunk can do similar speed but isn't protected from ranged itself.

At 30ss I like

Levi

Alyce 8

3 SPA 9

Necropunk 4

Hooded Rider 8

You can generally make 3-4 SPA during the first couple of turns which lets you lose a couple (using them to stick things in melee or whatever then create a SPA from the scrap counter they drop) and still get a deolation engine around turn 3-4.

Basic plan, the Hooded Rider chooses 'night' and drags a bunch of SPAs who've activated 'you can't shoot me' around... this group then only needs to worry about melee, and non-ranged-type spells and goes super-fast. You try to get another SPA near them with Levi's ranged nonsense then voltron-up the Desolation Engine and crush kill maim.

If you don't like the hooded rider, a necropunk can do similar speed but isn't protected from ranged itself.

Huh, some how the Hooded Rider never crossed my mind to use with levy >.> Not sure why... good call Tenabrae.

At 30ss I like

Levi

Alyce 8

3 SPA 9

Necropunk 4

Hooded Rider 8

Wouldn't this be a 40ss crew? Don't you still have to pay the SS cost for the Desolation Engine?

Wouldn't this be a 40ss crew? Don't you still have to pay the SS cost for the Desolation Engine?

Unlike say Killjoy who you purchase and is then summoned through an ability, the Desolation Engine is a freebie created entirely through an ability, much like the undead Nicodem summons.

You _can_ purchase a DE if you like, or you can try to make one (or both!)

It'd be pretty pointless spending 12ss on a DE you might never be able to summon if you don't also spend another 12ss on SPAs (which are quite useless unless they get extremely lucky at which point they're quite awesome).