30ss Nico list

This list is all theory, as I own only a couple of the models as of right now.

• Crew Cost: 30/30*** Remaining: 0***
  • Soulstones: 3
  • Nicodem, the Undertaker +3
  • Grave Spirit 1
  • Crooked Man 4
  • Crooked Man 4
  • Necropunk 3
  • Necropunk 3
  • Necropunk 3
  • Nurse 5
  • Mortimer, the Gravedigger 7

The idea is to have the nurse turn the necros into powerful 1-shot arachnid charging machines, have them reactive for a double dose of fun then "slow to die" for one last hit when the nurse's massive dose kills them (cheap corpse counters, to boot!). With Nico's aura they'd be beastly. Grave spirit to give Nico some sort of survival, crooked men for board control/ranged threat and Morty for "fresh meat" and bodyguarding Nico. Any constructive criticism?

I'll be honest I am not really a fan but if you like it then more power to you I guess, as long as you are having fun.

1) This might be the biggest blow, but the Necropunks will not leave corpse counters if they overdose as they are sacrificed and not killed. If it were not for that fact I think I would like the list a lot more. Also slow to die only comes up if they are killed as well.

2) I personally like to take nico running with at least 3 stones plus two more usually three more, and I know a lot of people like to run with the full amount.

3) The Grave spirit on Nico seems like a waste to me, I personally find some trees or a big rock to be much better at protecting Nico. Far away, out of sight, and fogged are much better then armor 2 in my opinion. I would either drop the spirit for some vultures or I would drop Mortimer and take Sylabella instead.

4) I would add some dogs if you don't take the vultures as corpse counters tend to remain stranded if you don't have something that could collect them.

ProdigalPunk makes some good points. Also, if you are looking for a bigger punch, look at replacing the 3 Necropunks with 2 Punk Zombies and an extra Soulstone. The Punk Zombie's are very strong models. Add in Nico's Bolster, and they cross over to just plain insane. Look towards either extra Punks and/or Flesh Constructs for your ressurected models.

Some Canine Remains would definitely be a plus for mobility and Corpse Counter retrieval as well. As the Necropunk bomb was kind of shot, I would replace the Nurse and the Grave Spirit with the dogs.

I personally don't like to proxy, so I can't give much advice on the Crooked Men; but the seem like solid models. Maybe something like this in the end:

Nico

Mortimer: 7

Punk Zombie: 5

Punk Zombie: 5

Canine Remains: 2

Canine Remains: 2

Crooked Men: 4

Crooked Men: 4

+1 SoulStone

I think I would go with something like:

Nico (6 stones)

Grave Spirit

Sybelle

Necropunk

Necropunk

Necropunk

Nurse

Dog

Dog

Dog

First turn I like to kill a dog for a corpse counter, then have nico summon something better. If it were like Treasure hunt I would nurse, then cast on a dog, have him activate the dog run up grap the counter and try to run back, killing him once he returned if possible. In general link the spirit to the sybelle and sort of shimmy up, and try to cast reannimater with the spirit when the oppertunity happens, might need to burn a stone or two. Ambush with the punks and then collect the tokens with the dogs. Keep the nurse back to heal nico, worse comes to worse they have to kill the nurse first and leave a nice counter in the wake.