Beginner with Seamus

Xtreme

Hoping to find some advice on what models to buy next. I have the Red Chapel box.

Looking at a 30 stone group I was thinking adding something like this to the box,

Copycat killer

Convict gunslinger

2 X canine remains

Is that a good plan?

Also I was curious what people thought of adding the Convict Gunslinger and Hans to Seamus to give him more range attacks.

the convict gunslinger is pretty universally considered as awesome and hans is considered too expensive, though i have used neither. I'm thinking about giving hans a whirl for his adaptability and the hookers can pull targets out for him to snipe, but I usually stick to stuff in faction.

the crooked men that just came out seem like they will be a good fit with seamus' crew as they have some ranged damage as well as the combo of shaft counters + lure. i'm a pretty big fan of bete noire and she adds a little range as well though she is almost always better in melee.

those are all good additions, but honestly i would go ahead and get whatever you can afford/feel like buying because its all useful in one situation or another. the major thing about malifaux that is different for people coming over from other games is that you make your list after you know your opponent and what you are trying to do, so the more options the better.

Hi im beginning with seamus as well and it seems like everyone says to get convict gunslinger first canine remains second

hans dose look cool though

however i have been tesing out a 30ss list with killjoy and love it

my big question is how many soulstones do people usually play with seamus i've been happy with 6 but have heard people go with either alot or almost none

Edited by Zombie_Pimp

Typically with any of the Res. Masters you are safer to play with a full pool of stones (8 for a scrap, 10 for a brawl). My reasoning behind this is a.) The need for double crows in most of your better abilities, and b.) most of your masters have relatively low defense, so having the option to cheat higher and add will save you more often than not.

Also the dogs are a must have, not only do they run a cheap screen, provide tokens and fetch them. But when they can get their trigger off it will cause serious issue for most crews.

The convict is a no-brainer. The potential damage he can put out justifies his cost every time.

I usually go with 3. That way I don't have to hold a high crow all game hoping to summon one and can use it for more useful things (there are never enough high crows). Also Lure x6 means your enemy will be wherever you want them to be.

You can also do the send-one-belle-out-as-a-trap-and-then-use-call-belle-to-teleport-her-away trick and maybe leave some of your enemies models out of the fight for awhile when they rush up hoping to gank a lone belle.