Raspy vs. Perdida, do I stand a chance?

Buhallin

I had not even considered that. Probably because I've played another steampunk themed game from a certain company where you can't cast spells with range self through certain things on some construct-like models that work surprisingly lot like Ice Mirror. Should work nicely with a Touched Joss.

What I do with Rasputina is just nuke the heck out of the other team... don't target Perdita, or any other master for that matter. Use the essence of power, and a stone, while targetting some hapless non master bystander. Since they cannot use a stone,and have a much lower defense, You should end up at least + or maybe ++ on the flip which may net you the double blast severe, if not you can cheat it to get it. Don't forget you 0 activation +1 damage power from another ice creature as well. Use the templates to hit Perdita and whoever else is nearby which she now takes 3(4+1icepower-2evasive) damage I think I'm at work so no book handy with no defense against it. She only has 8 wounds, you shou?d be able to pull this off as it will be very difficult for them to keep all other characters over 100mm away from their master the whole game. With casting master you can do it 3x in one turn if your lucky. I've decimated almost entire teams in one turn once they make the range and spacing mistake lol. Works even better against non evasive masters.

Grotto - maybe you're just luckier than I am, but I've never seen more than a single Overpower trigger go off at a time, even with cheating. Getting 4 at a time, with all Severe damage? Possible, but not something I think is reliable.

Hmmm, happens a lot for me.....and I play at 40ss level a lot so there are more models. Maybe thats why, there are less models to have to spend good cards on in your 30-35ss games so it is tougher to pull off DC with Overpower.

What I do with Rasputina is just nuke the heck out of the other team...

See, moparjim gets it. If you go for it 3 castings worth with two high masks in hand and SS everytime you can increase your odds tremendously of getting OP.

Flip first, bonus if high, extra bonus if mask.

-Settle and hope for mask on SS

-Cheat mask and still SS to hurt enemy def odds

Crap flip up fron

-Cheap mask or high and hope for mask on SS

I would say I average out to 5 casts on 3 AP and nearly 6 casts if Masks in hand.

Mask=1/4, high cards 10+=1/4

Its not bad odds

Also, I typically spend the first couple of turns trying to set this up. If you can go through a couple of discard/redraws without using any cards while maneuvering into position, you can load up your hand with a fair amount of high cards/masks then when they blunder into range and near an easy to hit model you unleash the hounds lol. You can get at least 2-3 straight casts, plus more with overpowers. With a decent card and a stone against their card only, you should be able to beat them by enough to be even or + on the damage flip, then + or ++ with the essence of power. This gives you a fair chance of severe as is, plus you can cheat it to get severe. Entire teams disappear if you pull it off.

When I need to kill hard to hit/wound models I usually throw the Ice golem in and start spamming December's Curse on it instead of the enemy. The golem's terrible Df and Ht3 make's it a much better target and allows you to cheat down its Df for maximum damage without soul stoning. This can be similarly used on the gamin. Don't forget to armor buff them as well, or not if you want them to POP!

• 2 weeks later...

All I did when runnin up agaisnt Perdita was this:

Hide raspy behind Ice Golem (make sure you have a tome in your hadn in case it gets charged), thats if there stupid enough to get near, then when close enough cast Ice Pillars at max distance (12"? can't remember off top of my head), then stand behind them - Ice Queen gives them frozen heart if within 4" then safely cast from behind them.