Clarification needed

Fiendy

Had a match the other day which resulted in the horrid demise of most of my army by turn 2. We weren't playing schemes or anything because we're still trying to get the feel of the game, anyway lists are as such:

Team Murder: Pandora, Kade, Candy, Teddy, 2 Sorrows

Team Victim: Ramos, Brass Aracnid, Steamborg, Josh, Swarm

Turn 1: I move up a wee bit, make a spider cash a few buffs, nothing flashy.

They link all the sorrows to pandora, move up teddy and then start wp duelling the sorrows. Oh look, they all lose, teddy loses. Pandora is now on my side of the board and starts doing the same to spiders, except now that shes that close i take 1dmg from her and each sorrow. Hail 1 spider dead.

Turn 2: They win first go, and pandora goes first, I proceed to lose all spiders, josh has 1 life point and the borg has taken 4 dmg before they fail the wp duel thingy.

Have we done anything wrong in doing this or is this all entirely legal moves/actions?

Ive a feeling I could probably play harder (a lot harder) but i was stunned at the fact someone was happily dancing with relative ease on my guys turn 1

Prettyy much. However - consider how horrible automatic damage from spider detonation/electrical creations are on her. She gets to do nasty things as she has even models with you, and if you go first, then she gets to run Panda at you without any opposition - but if you keep say the spiders seperate and out of sight, you can burn through three of her activations, and then when she runs at you, you#ll be able to save Ramos til then so that he can actually cast at her. Also - I'd recommend agaisnt the steamborg, it's unlikley to ever penetrate her barrier. Loottss of swarms. Burn her out of activations and then detonate a bunch on her when she gets close. Make sure you always have Ramos available to cast after she activates.

EDIT: that all said, Panda is not easy to beat. But her ability to leap around like a lunatic diminishes with every model she loses. There are alot of situations where you can give Panda an easy time murdering you, but similarly there are alot of ways you can make things harder on her for example; Teddy is squishy - despite his hard to wound and all that, he still dies in a couple hits from a steamborg. You just need to commit to killing him so he doesn't get a chance to regenerate. The sorrows are made of paper. Pay the slightest bit of attention to them and they'll drop like flies. The list goes on. However - above all, I cannot stress enough that you need to find a way to make sure Ramos can activate after her. Unless obviously it's the start of the turn and you've got initiative and a clear line of sight on her. Activating him early to make a spider means that he can't do anything to her - if you're going to do that, do it at the end of the turn when you know she won't be slingshotting across the board like a lunatic.

Edited by Omadon

- if you're going to do that, do it at the end of the turn when you know she won't be slingshotting across the board like a lunatic.

Hey,

As a new player who has picked up the Pandora box, I'm curious how this is achieved. Is Pandora targeting friendly models with Pacify or Incite, moving with Fading Memory on a success? Since her WP is 7 and an adjacent Sorrow weighs in at 5 WP, this sounds like a risky method to rely on. Or am I missing something?

Thanks!

Hey,

As a new player who has picked up the Pandora box, I'm curious how this is achieved. Is Pandora targeting friendly models with Pacify or Incite, moving with Fading Memory on a success? Since her WP is 7 and an adjacent Sorrow weighs in at 5 WP, this sounds like a risky method to rely on. Or am I missing something?

Thanks!

You can always cheat 'down' for friendly models.

Nope, you're doing nothing wrong; that's Pandora.

I have a heck of a time playing against her, and without detonating spiders it's even worse so you've got a good start :).

As stated above you need to spread out and remove her means of easy moving (i.e. her crew). Never assume she'll get stuck anywhere / you'll be able to get past her WP to hit her normally - she starts with so many Soul Stones that she can burn through a ton for non-critical events. Lastly, where possible, focus on taking out one thing at a time to ensure it gets gone. Good luck :spider: