more gremlins tactics - when do I need what?

shekbo

In my never ending quest to make the Gremlins a force to be reckoned with I propose the following discussion.

The idea is basically this... a Bayou Gremlin can really be any one of three minions.

1) a bayou gremlin (duh)

2) A Giant Skeeter (Use larva)

3) A Piglet (use Come an get It!)

There are advantages and disadvantages to each.

The gremlin has the best ranged attack

The skeeters can cast Som'ers spells (+draw 2 cards for sacing the gremlin)

The pig has a great melee attack in pigcharge.

If I'm playing Som'er I'll start with a couple gremlins and a skeeter. I'll Git Yer Bro on the first turn then decide what to do with my new gremlin.

I'd like to hear gremlin players thoughts about what to turn that gremlin into in what situations.

Thx

Tom M

PS, have a Malifaux demo/game day tommorrow (Sat 4/3) at my local game store. I'll be playing gremlins. Let you know how it goes.

My Gremlins pretty much exist solely to keep my summoning factory going or maybe to use a ram to cheat dumb luck off y'all watch this attacks(which by the way you should only do if you are really sure your opponent won't be cheating up any defence flips or you might take out half your own force). While focused shots help tremendously, Gremlin shooting is still such a liability I often end up charging with them. At that point you'd be better off if they were piglets unless they have a ram to cheat dumb luck.. And since the pigs and Skeeters usually end up doing 75-90% of the damage anyway I always want more of them unless I'm down to only 2 gremlins or so. I always try to keep 2 gremlins safe to keep my summoning going.