How to deal with Rasputina

Nutcase168

Ok, so one of my regular opponents likes to run Raspuntia and I keep having issues against her.

Right now I'm running Leveticus mainly. The problem is, she has enough fire power herself to drop pretty much anything so quickly.

Last night after she killed a Belle, 2 SPA and my canine remians in one shot (cheated red joker). So I popped out Kilyjoy.

She the next turn dropped in in one round of magic. Overpower on biting chill can take any model down so fast.

How do you deal with her and all that nasty offensive fire power?

The point with Killjoy is that when he happens, you want to be able to engage her as the next action - that way she only has biting chill to use, which is solid, but if she drops one cast, then the chain breaks. She'll have to burn a fair bit to break out of combat (3Df is hard even with stones) More to the point - she has a Df of 3, and Levi can pretty much he-man her if he gets in range. Be clever with where you spawn waifs, and then use them to slingshot him into position for a turn of casting, and even if you don't get initiative, it's not like you can't do it again the following turn :P

Two other options are the hooded rider/Betty, If you can just dump a load of models in front of her, then when she kills them (as she more than likley will), she gets 3-4 attacks from Betty, and if she lands a single hit, the bitch is paralized. Or, she's 3-4 stones worse off, and once she's out of stones, she has no defence whatsoever against levi simply blowing her head off.

Another point to consider is that her baby constructs (Should she see fit to run them) are prime targets to turn into SPAs - Desolation + the one I can never remember the name of (3WD, makes an SPA on death) Sure, Levi's going to kill him self in the process, but that isn't really a big deal.

Allsooo. Why in gods name was all of your stuff clumped up in range? If she gets to kill more than two models at a time, you're doing something wrong. Sure - SPAs need to clump, which is why you do not recruit them against her. I'd even be wary about Alyce against her, due to how close she sticks to Levi. But tbh, I'd probably run her anyway, as you can usually keep her out of the way. Don't play into her spells. Bite of Winter has a tiinny range, and her main nuke is a ranged spell, so you can block it by engaging her, and the AoE is pretty easy to avoid. Pardon the somewhat tangental nature of this - I'm doing alot at the same time. Shall have a look at this sumore when I get home ^^