What Size Base Inserts?

Sisee

I'm relatively new to the wargaming scene, and have decided to give Malifaux a look.

After a good long think, and several times of lookinf through the pages of the online store, I think I'm settled on getting the "Cult of December" box set, purely as I think my painting skills would produce a better finish on the contained units, than if I attempted any of the others.

Now, before I buy anything I could do with some questions answered.

So, if anyone can help me out, I'd be extremely happy.

Basically, I want to know what size "inserts" I need for the box set.

Or are there some included?

As I said I'm new to this, and although I've been making an other army for a well known branded war-game, I've always just used PVA and sand.

But I think that Malifaux look way better with the scenery, almost diorama, style bases.

So, if the box comes with these inserts, I'm set, but if not, what size do I need to get?

I'm guessing 30mm, but I'd like to be 100% sure, before paying for something I can't use.

Thanks in advance.

Sisee.

The boxed sets don't come with any inserts - you'd need to buy them yourself (using the base sizes Angus Khan mentioned above).

That said, you don't necessarily need the base inserts. You can convert the bases yourself if you feel up to it. The base inserts just make things easier.

If you do use the base inserts though, I'd recommend that you know how to pin models. You'll need to remove the tag that normally goes into the base slot. So without some sort of pinning to attach the legs to the metal base insert, you might have trouble keeping some of them glued on.

The boxed sets don't come with any inserts - you'd need to buy them yourself (using the base sizes Angus Khan mentioned above).

That said, you don't necessarily need the base inserts. You can convert the bases yourself if you feel up to it. The base inserts just make things easier.

If you do use the base inserts though, I'd recommend that you know how to pin models. You'll need to remove the tag that normally goes into the base slot. So without some sort of pinning to attach the legs to the metal base insert, you might have trouble keeping some of them glued on.

I have some pretty strong resins and glues, so bonding isn't an issue.

I want the inserts, for convenience really. I could make my own, but I've taken a shine to the Victorian Street-like bases.

I think with a bit of "snow" they'd fit the look of Rasputina very well.

For Cult of December models I usually just use PVA glue and baking soda for snow. I sometimes get fancy with styrofoam insulation to make rocks or boulders and small modelling bushes covered in snow (baking soda again), but I don't really have any inserts for my Cult of December. I do have inserts for my Ramos crew and for some of my Resurrectionists.