RIW 35 Stone "Set Your Own Reward"! April 10th

nerdelemental

RIW Hobbies, Livonia, MI presents:

Set Your Own Reward!

Saturday, April 10th

11:00am start time

Wanted posters have gone up throughout Malifaux's settlement district for players with enough mettle to come out and compete against the tried and the true - the rising stars of competition - to see if you've got what it takes. However, beneath each WANTED sign are the ambiguous words: "Reward: ???"

Come on out for a more relaxing tournament event focusing on open play in a very laid back environment. The Buy-in for the day is also your prize, and everyone gets one! After your first game, you'll receive a coupon that will grant you a single purchase from the store - 45% OFF any one Malifaux product: any single blister or starter box set. Although a mandatory purchase to play for the day, you should be able to skate out the door for as little as a $4 dollar purchase and you'll take your model home with you, to boot! (every additional purchase beyond the first product will receive a 20% discount!)

If you're able to assemble the model in between rounds and get that model(s) (any single model from your discounted purchase) on the table during any subsequent game, your crew will be granted a free additional soulstone for the soulstone cache to be used during the event! [Note: only one model will grant a total of only one free soulstone. Soulstone caps per game size still in effect].

ADDITIONAL Optional BUY-IN:

Every player will have the option to contribute additional buy-in for the event in the order of $1-6. For every full $3 contributed, that player will be awarded a free soulstone added to the crew's cache for every game of the day (8 stone maximum still applies). All additional money will go to the purchase of product as prize support.

We'll begin at 11:00 am, each game will run one hour and thirty minutes (adjusted as necessary per TO's discretion), THREE games during the day.

Demos available throughout the event - come and check it out!

Specifics:

* Board layout, scenarios, and any special events will be pre-determined and announced either on this thread or at the event day.

* Crew construction occurs between games as you are assigned a location and strategy. You will choose your faction at the beginning of the event.

* Proxy pieces are acceptable for models not currently available. Models must represent the intended model of which it is proxied - check with me prior to the event if you question the legality of a proxy model.

* Models do not need to be fully painted, but all must be fully assembled, including models purchased as buy-in pieces. Bring assembly materials!

For more information, drop questions here and we'll address them as necessary!

RIW Hobbies

29116 Five Mile Rd.

Livonia, MI 48154

Phone: 734-261-7233

Edited by nerdelemental

• 2 weeks later...

:)

Glad you're off to a start, at least!

For what it's worth, we play every Tuesday night up there, too. 6:00-11:00ish. You're welcome to join us, of course, and we'll guide you through the game, too.

20% off every Malifaux gaming night for Mali product. If you can't make it up there on Tuesdays, drop me a line with questions and I'll do my best to at least get you up to speed over the EWaves!

-Bowen

Yea, I didn't make it as I went to lansing to play in a tourney (birthday gift to self). I lost EVERY game there, so I might as well have just gone to this instead! :P

What? Are they a bunch of power gamers out there or what?

Event went better than I predicted judging by responses to this thread.

Let's see:

Glenn

Rob S

Jeff E

Chuck

Trevor

Erica (late)

Zack didn't play but bought an army, so, three new players within a week. Not bad.

I loved the format and hope to do another. It quickly degraded from "tournament" to "Who gives a crap since there's nothing else on the line, let's just play" which I thought allowed for a much more relaxing event. I didn't even keep a strict time table just "you two go play over there" and then "Oh, you two are done already? Okay, square off against this guy" kind of day.