Hey everyone

Wiccus

Hi all. I found this game a couple of months ago and have finally decided to start it in the not too distant future. I have been wanting to take a break from 40k, Fantasy, Hordes and Warmachine and do something just for fun and skirmish style. I have been playing Infinity a lot lately and having a blast with skirmish stuff and I'm hoping that this game will give a similar amount of enjoyment.

I was mainly curious about one thing. I have no idea about the game other than the models are all awesome and its card based. What models mainly interests me are the wintery arcanists like Rasputinas starter and the other snowy stuff. I noticed that there seem to be sub factions within a faction what with the arcanists having the jungle guys, the steampunk stuff and the winter stuff. Are these sub factions usable with each other? Like could I use mainly Rasputina with her winter models but also a steamborg?

I was thinking of grabbing in my first order the book, deck, Rasputinas pack, Hoarcat pride, Wendigo, December acolyte. Would this be a good start? are there other models that you would recommend I should get?

Thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome to Wyrd! For the most part yes, you select a master (Ramos, Rasputina, or Marcus if you want to play Arcanists), then you can pick pretty much any minions from the faction. There are of course models that work better together and better with your chosen master, but you'll probably need a book to best figure out what works for you. The list you put down though would actually be a great start though, as all those models work quite well together!

Oh another quick question. How many spiders would I need in an average game? I have been reading the forums and it seems that Ramos summons new spiders to the field. I am thinking of getting a second group when I order my Rasputina stuff so that I can have a demo force to teach people the game.

I'm just curious about how many I will need so that I can order them right off the bat. Also does the Hog whisperer for Outcasts do something similar in creating more pigs? I'm considering getting either the gremlins or Ramos' steampunk stuff to play against my Rasputina.