Soulstone Costs

Flikfutch87

I had two quick questions related to Soulstone costs for creating your army:

1) I noticed that Masters have a Soulstone Cache instead of a Soulstone cost. Does that mean that the cost of using a Master in your team is always 0? As in, if you're doing a 30-SS skirmish, you choose 30 points *in addition* to your Master?

2) On a related note, does the Soulstone Cache a Master has affect the Soulstones you can use when picking your determining your army? As an example, in a 30-SS skirmish, does Nicodem actually get to choose 33, or McMourning 36? Or is that strictly an in-game statistic?

Thanks in advance!

I'm pretty new to this, but I think I know the answer to these ones:

1) yes, the cost of your master is always zero. and it's 30 points in a addition to your master.

2) it's strictly an in-game statistic, though I've heard some people allow using these soulstones to hire models as an in-house rule or something.

I had two quick questions related to Soulstone costs for creating your army:

1) I noticed that Masters have a Soulstone Cache instead of a Soulstone cost. Does that mean that the cost of using a Master in your team is always 0? As in, if you're doing a 30-SS skirmish, you choose 30 points *in addition* to your Master?

2) On a related note, does the Soulstone Cache a Master has affect the Soulstones you can use when picking your determining your army? As an example, in a 30-SS skirmish, does Nicodem actually get to choose 33, or McMourning 36? Or is that strictly an in-game statistic?

Thanks in advance!

Yeah. Everyone gets a master. We're assuming all masters are created equal (see the below answer for you pedantic-warseer-types).

Everyone pays the same amount. If you and I are playing a 30ss game, you take Ramos (a 2 ss cache) and I take Someone like Zoraida (with a larger cache) we both still can recruit with 30ss, but the "leftover" ss's (like, you spend 28 soul stones on your crew) get added to your masters' SS cache to be used during the game (so your Ramos would have 4 ss to spend throughout the game).

So no, the masters' soul stone cache does NOT e(a?)ffect what you may spend on your crew. In-game statistic only.

d

As was stated above.

your master is included in you Crew at no cost. The cache on your Master represents the number of soulstones they begin the game with. This doesn't have any affect on your crew building however you are looking based on game size there is a limit to the number of soulstones you can start the game with:

Single-Master: 8 Soulstones

Double-Master: 10 Soulstones

So while any leftover stones from crew building come into the game with you provided the leftovers plus your cache doesn't exceed the max allowed in the game, if it does, those additional stones are lost.