Thoughts on List with Rasputina and Molemen

Jim_the_Dwarf

The initial list:

Rasputina

3x Molemen 9ss

3x Ice Gamin 12ss

Essence of Power 2ss

Total Cache 6ss

I was thinking of this as a counter to shooty lists like the Ortegas. Tina and the Gamins hunker down behind Ice Pillars while the Molemen tunnel under them. Tina's continuous aura gives the Moles Frozen Heart and the Gamin's Bite of Winter gives them +1 damage. While tunneling, the moles' high armor should make them suficiantly survivable against shooting.

Of course if I've overlooked a ruling that auras require line of sight, this is all moot.

I see that no one has replied, so here is my somewhat inexperience reply:

my suggestion for this list, especially as a counter to a shoty list, would be to drop a gamin and a mole man, and add a Gunslinger and one more sole stone to your pool.

I wouldn't put to much reliance in casting Ice pillars and tanking up the field, It is a good strat, but it is also a trojan horse. In other words, if they don't take the bait, it won't work to your advantage as well as you might like.

Ice pillars is certainly a great way to control the board, but I would want a strong ranged element to like the gunslinger to offer further control.

of course, everything in this game is based around what objectives you and your opponent flip.

also, one last bit of advice, in the future, when you post a list, you should really post the point value as well, it is helpful to those who would offer comments to be able to see the SS level without having to add it up themselves.

hope this helps,

pryme

I could see this list succeeding [sp?] at Recconoiter, but is the goal for Slaughter and Assassinate to engage in melee? That might work, but I prefer to beat Guild with my own range.

Generally with Tina I find it effective enough against Guild to advance Gaimin and the Golem and cast December's Curse via Icy Mirror through whichever one lives (even with just armor 1 and 2, they are resilient models.