Terrain board ideas

Kaine

About to build my first Malifaux terrain board, which of the following do you think sounds best

1. Steampunk city

Victorian London style, with cobbled streets and lots of buildings, some open topped so the battle continues inside and into alleys.

Some of the buildings would include shops mentioned in Malifaux background.

The streets would be littered with carts, overturned produce etc.

2. Mine

A desert mine setting with the entrance to a mine, mine carts and machinery litter the battlefield.

3. Swamp

A swamp/bayou several levels cut out of foam with plenty of pools of swamp, trees, bridges etc.

4. Wild West town

A WW town with wooden buildings, open topped so the fight can continue inside, a train line, guild office (sherrif) various shops and cover (carts etc).

Possibly a trainline running into the town

5. Lumber Camp

A lumber camp in the bayou, a river runs through, sawmill, logs in the wall, stacks of cut timber etc.

We've seen 3 and 4 at the past 2 Gencons, so I'd vote for the city or the mines. Plus, lots of people have already done old west terrain here.

Downtown hasn't really had any representation yet. I've been making the plans for a downtown board myself....something inspired by Christmas Carol. Lots of snow and working street lamps and shop lights. I will also have removable roofs because I want to take the action inside as well. I won't be able to put any serious work into it until June though, so only planning until then.

About to build my first Malifaux terrain board, which of the following do you think sounds best

1. Steampunk city

Victorian London style, with cobbled streets and lots of buildings, some open topped so the battle continues inside and into alleys.

Some of the buildings would include shops mentioned in Malifaux background.

The streets would be littered with carts, overturned produce etc.

2. Mine

A desert mine setting with the entrance to a mine, mine carts and machinery litter the battlefield.

3. Swamp

A swamp/bayou several levels cut out of foam with plenty of pools of swamp, trees, bridges etc.

4. Wild West town

A WW town with wooden buildings, open topped so the fight can continue inside, a train line, guild office (sherrif) various shops and cover (carts etc).

Possibly a trainline running into the town

5. Lumber Camp

A lumber camp in the bayou, a river runs through, sawmill, logs in the wall, stacks of cut timber etc.

If you have the book it has some description for possible terrain ideas as part of the encounters section. As for the Mine, I don't think it would be truly desert, as in Wyrd Chronicles 3 it does dscribe the Hollow Marsh pumping facility to help with pumping the water out of the mine tunnels. So I would figure them less desert (after all sand is a pain to dig through) and more permafrost or badlands type places.

the Lumber camps has potential, The swamp is a definite as there is the Hag's Territory, the Gremlin village and the Bayou as terrain areas.

I didn't notice the saw mill by the river, that actually sounds kinda cool. I was on my phone earlier today when I initially posted, so I accidentally skipped it.

I still stand by my earlier post though. Even though an old west town or a swamp board could be neat, those 2 ideas are the ones that people have posted the most....so they sorta feel done to death in comparison to your other ideas.