Best Myranda build?

River Song

I am interested in building a Myranda group.

Obviously needs Marcus... or does she?

Might Tina be a better fit?

I would put a Sabertooth in so as to have access to having 2 minimum on the board.

Use 2 for a total of 3 with Shapeshift?

I know the standard build is Marcus

Myranda Horcats and Sabertooth. But...

What might be another direction to look into?

Edited by River Song

That's correct. The ability is called Beast Master, and it lets him take Beasts from any faction at no additional ss cost.

Right now there are only two non-Arcanist beasts, both in Neverborn.

1. Silurids: Catfish-men that are fairly sneaky and can activate as a pack.

2. Waldgeist: Forest spirit, if in a forest they can move it around and their melee range extends to anywhere adjacent to the whole forest.

Waldgeists aren't out yet, I don't think we even have a concept pic of them. Silurids are out, they come 3 to a blister, or you get 3 in the Zoraida box.

Unfortunately, Warpigs and the little pigs don't count as Beasts :(

moleman x3, slurids x3, myranda, marcus and 4ss

I think that crew wastes a lot of Myranda's potential which is her huge versatility with spellcasting. I think another beast would suit that list better, the only thing Myranda is good for is healing and changing into a Beast.

Myranda might want to have a few different Beasts around to give her more options for her spell repertoire. The Cerberus should be an auto include to give Myranda access to Roar (devastating against living models after Marcus Howls) unless playing against Undead/Constructs. Devour could also prove useful. Waldgeists give her access to Uproot (Shapechange first to get that :masks for your Ca).

Using Feral on non-Beasts grants you access to even more spells: Convict Gunslinger grants Suppressing Fire (should be nasty with her higher Ca) and Hamelin could be fun just for the laughs. She also gains a lot more potential in Brawls: taking Rasputina along and casting Feral on her gives you a LOT of December's Curses or allows you to give Armor to most of your Crew.

This is all just theory though. Haven't tried her yet but will as soon as my Arcanists arrive.

-Ropetus

I think that crew wastes a lot of Myranda's potential which is her huge versatility with spellcasting. I think another beast would suit that list better, the only thing Myranda is good for is healing and changing into a Beast.

Myranda might want to have a few different Beasts around to give her more options for her spell repertoire. The Cerberus should be an auto include to give Myranda access to Roar (devastating against living models after Marcus Howls) unless playing against Undead/Constructs. Devour could also prove useful. Waldgeists give her access to Uproot (Shapechange first to get that :masks for your Ca).

Using Feral on non-Beasts grants you access to even more spells: Convict Gunslinger grants Suppressing Fire (should be nasty with her higher Ca) and Hamelin could be fun just for the laughs. She also gains a lot more potential in Brawls: taking Rasputina along and casting Feral on her gives you a LOT of December's Curses or allows you to give Armor to most of your Crew.

This is all just theory though. Haven't tried her yet but will as soon as my Arcanists arrive.

-Ropetus

My understanding is that Myranda doesn't have to haver a specific beast in the agng to shapeshift.

She can shapeshift into any "beast" listed in the book.

So main reason for another Cerberus is to have 2 not just gain Roar.

But I think Cerberus is an auto include.

My understanding is that Myranda doesn't have to haver a specific beast in the agng to shapeshift.

She can shapeshift into any "beast" listed in the book.

So main reason for another Cerberus is to have 2 not just gain Roar.

But I think Cerberus is an auto include.

Nope, she doesn't need the Beast for Shapeshifting. That she can do on her own and turn into any Beast needed.

I was talking about her Animal Instincts spell. Having some options besides Healing and Shapeshifting for spellcasting is always a plus. After all, she is better at casting most spells than the Beasts themselves. And the Beast can concentrate on what it's best at (mainly pummeling the opposition in melee).

And of course, the Cerberus is a fine model in itself. As with every model, they have to accomplish something by themselves. Taking it along with Myranda just gives her an extra boost as well in addition to getting a Cerberus.

-Ropetus

Edited by Ropetus