Ramos

swarm 9ss

swarm 9ss

swarm 9ss

spider 3ss

spider 3ss

brass 2ss

thoughts?

Drop 2 spiders, and have 8SS. You will easily make 2 spider swarms the first two turns (maybe one if you can get stroke to go off on Ramos) with soulstones to get the total high enough. You save 2 SS each spider that way.

thank you for the advice, any need to include Joss or Johan, ice elemental?

It depends on what you are going for. taking out spiders for Joss or Johan (I do not have any experience with the ice elemental) is just as viable as an all spider swarm. I have used all of those and found that, while they work differently, they all work.

Also with spiders I tend to start them all as single spiders. They have a higher defence then the swarm, and use up activations so you get to see where your opponent is moving. When I get into combat is when I swarm them together. They hit harder, and can self heal, which is great.

Just an FYI make sure to check out the errata on how spiders swarm together. The swarm replaces and that's important.

Soulstones as a replacement for Arachnids is a good idea but it won't always come off...

You have to cheat before you Soulstone...so to guarantee the double Tomes you need to cheat in a Tomes and then depend on the Soulstone for numbers if its a low one. Sometime you just won't have the Tomes.

Be prepared to adapt to the situation, making Arachnids is great but if your opponent gets there fast, Arcing your Swarms and pegging Electrical Fire around can be just as useful.

Why no Steamborg? He's an arachnid and his Paired Cb7 means he'll hit things the Spiders will whiff on (Lilith, Tots, Candy & Kade).

He's often a better use of the Brass Arachnid.

Having said that when you do have the Tomes, go mad.

Stoke Ramos with the Brass Arachnid and I *think* (haven't got the wording here) you can make two spiders in one round, just different activations.

Why no Steamborg? He's an arachnid and his Paired Cb7 means he'll hit things the Spiders will whiff on (Lilith, Tots, Candy & Kade).

He's often a better use of the Brass Arachnid.

The spiders are actually more accurate than they appear. With one or two individual spiders using Latch On, you can bring high defense down to manageable levels. I've seen something similar to this in another thread:

For instance, take Lilith at Def 8. Activate Ramos, do whatever, and Link In a swarm. Move the swarm near Lilith and make it's two free attacks (we're ignoring Disappear for the purpose of this experiment), then scatter. If you positioned the swarm right, you should be able to put two of the spiders in btb with Lilith. Ramos' companion carries over to the little spiders, who are all slow. First, the spider that isn't in btb walks, and then uses Latch On, which brings Lilith's Def down to 6. Then, one of the others goes, latches on (making her Def 4) and attacks. The last one gets to swing at Lilith at Def 2 after it latches on.

I haven't played enough games to know if it works as well as it looks like it would, but I'm certainly going to try it out when I can.

The spiders are actually more accurate than they appear. With one or two individual spiders using Latch On, you can bring high defense down to manageable levels. I've seen something similar to this in another thread:

For instance, take Lilith at Def 8. Activate Ramos, do whatever, and Link In a swarm. Move the swarm near Lilith and make it's two free attacks (we're ignoring Disappear for the purpose of this experiment), then scatter. If you positioned the swarm right, you should be able to put two of the spiders in btb with Lilith. Ramos' companion carries over to the little spiders, who are all slow. First, the spider that isn't in btb walks, and then uses Latch On, which brings Lilith's Def down to 6. Then, one of the others goes, latches on (making her Def 4) and attacks. The last one gets to swing at Lilith at Def 2 after it latches on.

I haven't played enough games to know if it works as well as it looks like it would, but I'm certainly going to try it out when I can.

I believe that you have it right.

The main trick is to do it after Lilith has activates - her Whirling Death will make short work of her.

So keep a Soulstone to help out with the next initiative flip or get another Swarm to come in and Paralyse (if not kill) her.

There is also the possibility of just exploding on her, if she's already damaged and out of Soulstones its more dependable.

Move the swarm near Lilith and make it's two free attacks (we're ignoring Disappear for the purpose of this experiment), then scatter. If you positioned the swarm right, you should be able to put two of the spiders in btb with Lilith. Ramos' companion carries over to the little spiders, who are all slow.

Does companion really carries over to the little ones? Can someone please give me any proof of this, because I know some people will ask serious questions about that action XD