30SS Tournament in Long Island, NY

dgraz

30 ss. Proxies allowed only for any unreleased models - but they must be similar enough to be recognizable. No painting requirement.

$10 Entry fee. Shop gets 30% (mainly covers the pizza and soda they'll be supplying). The rest is given as prizes in the form of store credit.

This is mostly to generate interest in the game at my LGS, but anyone is welcome. Hopefully I'll be starting a league soon after the tourney.

If you are in the area and would like to come down, it'll be Feb 21st, 12:00. 2 hour games at;

Brothers Grim

1244 Middle Country Rd

Selden, NY 11784

http://brgrim.com/

It's a great shop with lots of tables and terrain.

I'm known as Dirty-D on their forum if anyone has any questions - feel free to contact me here or there.

Please shoot me a message if you have plans to attend so that I can guage the amount of participation.

Edited by dgraz

• 4 weeks later...

Well, we only ended up with 6 players, but I think everyone had a good time. We ended up with a three-way tie for first place which was pretty funny, but I'll be looking at the VP system I used to try to keep that from happening again.

The Assassinate and Slaughter games were pretty strait-forward but the Claim Jump game I added a little twist by making the contested piece in the center a SoulStone Vein - for which I had made several terrain pieces that looked like little SS Veins. It made the players want to run their masters up close and made for some bloody games which was cool.

Several people commented that they should have played in the tourney and some had actually forgotten all about it. So when I plan the next one I will try to get a feel for who would be interested and shoot them reminders now and then.

Brothers Grim was fantastic. They were very helpful and had the tables ready for me when I came in-all I had to do was put the terrain out. They were very happy to host the tourney and plan on having more in the future.

Can't wait to plan the next one.

Edited by dgraz