Master of Malifaux

Black_Mamba

So, I've had a discussion with some friends about Lilith's ability, "Master of Malifaux." We're wondering whether this ability is broken. In particular, we were wondering whether it should allow her to charge through walls. I'd have to say that at times I find this ability to be really helpful when trying to move her into melee combat without getting shot up by those shooty crews (especially Perdita.)

I know I'm posting to a biased group here (the Neverborn board), but you guys have probably encountered these questions yourselves. So, knowing how you use Lilith's Master of Malifaux and how your opponents respond to this ability, what do you think? Is this ability fine as is, or do you think it should be readjusted in the upcoming FAQ?

It was pretty surprising seeing an early charge from Lilith into Nicodem in a recent game.

He got it under control, though, Nicodem was on 1 Wound four times but pulled a very convincing victory out of it.

Her Black Blood was the only thing stopping her from being swatted down by Nicodem's entire crew in short order, they couldn't afford to lose 1 more Wound.

I was sitting next to that game, not playing it, though.

A lot of stuff looks overpowered (Leap, for example) thinking in the framework of other games but in Malifaux it seems to work out.

It's more then fine as it is. If it was taken away in the FAQ I would probably return my Lilith box set ^^.

Honestly it makes her an extremely unique melee master. Think about it? She is the only melee beat-stick type master that can do this kinda stuff. It's not over-powered because she is not over the top like Lady Justice and she can't chain a million attacks like McMourning. It's what she does.

I've not had anyone at my LGS complain about her or this ability, in fact most think it's rather cool. It makes her a real stalker type of melee master, moving around the field and striking when you think your safest but are really at your most vulnerable.