Leve: ever wonder?

Recklessmisuseofviolence

No. No I haven't, to be frank ^^

The abilitys that are enemy only would be far too open to abuse if they could target friendlys. For one thing - he could reduce himself low, and then turn himself into a steampunk abomination. That statement alone I think explains why he can't.

EDIT: Also, do I detect a Skursula refrence?

Pretty much dead on accurate, Omadon. If leve could target friendlies with all of his spells, he'd be very, very difficult to stop, because he could have a pretty fantastic SPA creation engine going between he and alyce. As it is they already have a good one.

Past that, he would have even greater ability to burn himself out at will - as it is now, you need to carefully consider your turn, and evne then it's still fairly easy if you know what to do, and in the proper order. If all of his spells could target freely, it would be no challenge at all, and he'd be unbalanced.

He is already an incredibly powerful master who's main balancing act is the fact that he's pretty difficult to get the hang of an use properly - in tandem with the fact that he's VERY unforgiving of mistakes.