Adding a Flavor to Seamus

Jerkle

I took the Red Chapel gang off of my friends hands cause he wanted to do gremlins and was having a blast with them till i really saw what he meant by One trick pony, im tired of lure, lure and lure all game anyone have any different ways to make Seamus and his girls a little more fun to play? for instance what should i add?

I tried out Bete Noire and she was real fun, definetly gonna get her when shes out but im thinking im going to take out Sybelle but dont know what to replace her with.

Honestly, you have more tricks than just Lure. If you're getting tired of that, try Undress/Distract. Basically, drop to a couple of Belles [as you can make more], and vary the usage of your undead in his crew. The spells on the Rotten Belles make them very good utility pieces, and don't knock the other spells they have. Since they do not have suit requirements, they're easier to cast than they look.

It's fun slowing down the enemy while Seamus takes his time shooting/spelling them.

Think of this setup. Use Undead Psychosis and Undress to keep them Slow, and force them to move away from you if they are a melee force. This allows you to play a more ranged crew, and mix it up. Crooked Men will be good for this playstyle, as you are using board control to maximum effect.

Hope that helps.

• 2 years later...

Crooked men are great...especially to lure them into. I'm a fellow Seamus player and yes his box set is a little dry but simple additions can really help. I dont always use sybelle either. A great replacement for her is the hanged. They are a spirit so they take half damage from non magical sources, and they have a beast of a spell (forget what its called right now) to take out half a models wds.

Bete Noire is alot of fun against the right crew. She is all about timing.

punk zombies, Dead rider, rogue necro, and molly are also great with Seamus

Banana. Seamus is banana. (When done right, banana is amazing, but if not done "just so," banana falls way short of expectations.)

Molly, Dead Rider, and Rogue Necro are probably your best bets (assuming you're continuing to use Bete, who is fantastic).

Molly for some belle-making-shenanigans. Molly for some belle-walking-shenanigans.

Dead Rider? Hell yeah! Why would anyone (other than Kirai, bet even then) not take this guy?

Rogue Necro? This little beastie plus the Dead Rider will make your opponent split his forces trying to take down both before you can effectively use them.