Tactica: Resurrectionists (work-in-progress)

Persevering1

So not to be "that Guy" who finds something wrong, and no body seen it and I wanted to point it out before someone does it. In the nicodem section you said you can summon a hanged but you can't cause they are a spirit. Just wanted to point that out.

But the rest of the write up is awesome.

Edited by Iamwyrd

So not to be "that Guy" who finds something wrong, and no body seen it and I wanted to point it out before someone does it. In the nicodem section you said you can summon a hanged but you can't cause they are a spirit. Just wanted to point that out.

Hmm... ?

Only one thing I spotted: Nicodem cannot summon The Hanged with reanimator as they have Spirit, unfortunately. :(

I see nothing on Necropunks.

I always include these guys in my Redchappel crews.They add numbers and I usually use them as a diversion element to attract models away from the main enemy focus. If my opponent doesn't fall for this then the necro punks are fast enough to manouver into possition for a sneaky Leap/Flurry attack.

For 3 pts each a pair of them are a great leapy little add-on to a crew. And this is a must... Minimum of two.

* Can be Undead. This really subtle, rarely noted benefit has lots of applications. Nicodem can be Undead... which means he can be immune to any effects that impact living models. First and foremost, this means that he is immune to Morale Duels, so Terrifying is not something this Master has to be concerned with.

I have been looking for a rules question about this very thing but I am still not sure how this works it says he can "choose to be affected by spells and abilities that affect undead" but terrifying does not affect undead so does he benefit from this ability to ignore terrifying?

I have been looking for a rules question about this very thing but I am still not sure how this works it says he can "choose to be affected by spells and abilities that affect undead" but terrifying does not affect undead so does he benefit from this ability to ignore terrifying?

No. I believe Persevering1 was wrong about this one.

If the spell or ability has an effect only on the undead, or if it has some special effect on undead defined, different than the effect it has on other types of models, Nicodem can choose if he takes it as a living model or as an undead model (whichever he prefers).

Examples of synergy within his own faction:

1) When Mortimer casts Fresh Meat!, Nicodem can choose to be undead and get a free walk out of it.

2) When Nicodem's Vulture casts Decay on him (via Magic Extension), he can chose to take it as undead and get healed instead of damaged.

Obviously when there's an offensive ability the opponent uses which has weaker effect on undead than on living, you can chose to be treated as undead - for example there are abilities which paralyze enemy models, but only slow undead ones. Because that is a defined way the spell affects undead, Nic can choose to take those spells as undead and get slowed rather than paralyzed.

Terrifying and Morale Duels do not affect undead in general though, so he doesn't have the option to take them as undead. Since they don't affect undead, he can't chose to be affected as undead. I'm not sure if this concept is clear... :D

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I found that post on Pandora rather outdated, you need to fix that as you definitely do not want to mislead people going into a game against the most broken master around. also, other than a few outdated pieces I say that this is amazing, a fantastic thread, although with rising powers Lilith has a way to counter ressers via their corpse juicer