Question about Nicodem's Decay

nilus

Got a question about this one.

Right now it does damage(with a possible blast) to enemies, but it heals friendly undead a straight 2 damage.

So my questions are.

Do the undead models heal 2 from being hit by the blast as well or just from a direct hit?

Also if you directly hit a friendly undead, do you still do a damage flip and can there still be a chance of a blast or do I just forgo the flip and heal him 2.

Got a question about this one.

Right now it does damage(with a possible blast) to enemies, but it heals friendly undead a straight 2 damage.

So my questions are.

Do the undead models heal 2 from being hit by the blast as well or just from a direct hit?

Also if you directly hit a friendly undead, do you still do a damage flip and can there still be a chance of a blast or do I just forgo the flip and heal him 2.

I was just going to ask this same question. :)

I THINK that if you directly hit a friendly undead, you heal two, no blasts. That said, i also think that if you directly hit an enemy, and blasts are generated, friendly undead's in the blasts get healed, while enemy models and friendly-non undead get damage based on flips. That could create a situation of a friendly undead in a blast, and a friendly non-undead or enemy model in a blast, the one getting healed, and the others taking damage, respectively.

I can't be certain that's the intent, but that's how i currenly read it. Reason being is that in order to generate blasts there has to be a damage flip. On a direct hit on a friendly undead, there is no damage flip - its a straight up heal. No pass go, no 200 bucks.

However if you directly hit an enemy model, or a friendly non-undead, you generate a damage flip. That flip can generate blasts, which count as "hits". Thus, logically speaking, the blasts would perform either of the two ways the spell presents.

Again, not sure if that's 100% correct, but that's how i'm reading it.

Actually, Remy, I believe you still have to flip to generate the blasts, but the side-effect of directly hitting the undead model with the spell is that they heal instead. This way, you get the blasts, and the damage, but the friendly undead gets healed.

I don't believe I read that we have the option to forgo any flips at any point in the game.

:ditto:

the very fact that it has the Dg table on it makes me believe that you do a damage filp regardless, but any undead hit heal two wounds instead of suffering the damage flip (what every that was). the damage flip is part of the spell, not to be discounted, just certain models ignore it and receive a different effect.

:ditto:

the very fact that it has the Dg table on it makes me believe that you do a damage filp regardless, but any undead hit heal two wounds instead of suffering the damage flip (what every that was). the damage flip is part of the spell, not to be discounted, just certain models ignore it and receive a different effect.

Interesting take, and I can see that interpretation! Hmmm. Mechanical wording vs. mechanical damage table. Wonder which ones right (though the more i think on it, i think you guys are onto something, and its a more ideal solution for the nicodem player, pretty much a best of all worlds for that spell).

Interesting take, and I can see that interpretation! Hmmm. Mechanical wording vs. mechanical damage table. Wonder which ones right (though the more i think on it, i think you guys are onto something, and its a more ideal solution for the nicodem player, pretty much a best of all worlds for that spell).

Well, it also allows Nico to use undead as a "lightning rod" for blasts from decay.

You can doublewalk a cheap undead (like a canin remains) in btb of a hard to hit enemy (like lillith), then cast 3 decays on the canine remains, who willingly fails the wp duel to resist, then hit the hard to hit model with all the blasts, who takes damage with no duel. then a totem can even do it a fourth time with magical extension. now will you logically get all these spells off? maybe... but you might not always flip blast damage... I certainly don't think it is an AUTOWIN, but it is certainly effective. Heck that wouldn't even let pandora shunt the damage with martyr, nor force nico to engage in a WP duel.

I don't know if this is a good or bad thing, but it IS allowed by that interpretation.

Well, it also allows Nico to use undead as a "lightning rod" for blasts from decay.

You can doublewalk a cheap undead (like a canin remains) in btb of a hard to hit enemy (like lillith), then cast 3 decays on the canine remains, who willingly fails the wp duel to resist, then hit the hard to hit model with all the blasts, who takes damage with no duel. then a totem can even do it a fourth time with magical extension. now will you logically get all these spells off? maybe... but you might not always flip blast damage... I certainly don't think it is an AUTOWIN, but it is certainly effective. Heck that wouldn't even let pandora shunt the damage with martyr, nor force nico to engage in a WP duel.

I don't know if this is a good or bad thing, but it IS allowed by that interpretation.

It almost makes me think that interpretation is too good to be true, but it'd be a shame to have nico take another hit in such short order.

It'd be nice to get official word on this either way.